⁵³

ᴇᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ ғɪғᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮...

TWO YEARS LATER

WHEN THE MUSIC ENDED, Nagi realized that he could barely hear himself breathe under the applause and cheers exploding all around him

Here it was, another finished show. Perhaps he'd never take full pleasure in them - not to the extent skaters who liked the attention did - but he couldn't deny he had enjoyed it. His chest kept expanding with euphoria, pride, and agitated breaths. The technical part of his program had been fantastic, he was sure. Nagi felt like pounding his fist in the air, celebrating even without getting his scores yet.

He had something to tell this time. Something that made spinning on the ice worth it.

After he first had a say in a choreography made by Anri years ago, he started to give more thought and attention to his own mind, in search of emotions and ideas to put into his programs. What was it that he wanted to transmit? What stories could he tell? His way of skating was less controlled now, flowing from his heart and soul.

Today the topic of his program was love. He had chosen a classic, too, one of those songs they used to skate back in Juniors even. Nagi hoped Reo got the message.

Because, at times, Nagi struggled to say I love you, and very few times did the words come easier than the actions. Point was, Nagi had moments when he closed off, and preferred to keep his boyfriend at arm's length, far from the mess inside his head. There were days he needed to be completely alone, which Reo respected even if he didn't get it.

But that was the exact reason why Nagi chose to communicate in these implicit ways, so Reo would never again get the foolish idea that he was being pushed aside and forgotten. Considering skating had brought them together more than once, Nagi couldn't think of any bigger love declaration that only they would understand.

Every time his skating tackled love, friendship, hope, or lust, Seishiro was telling Reo that somehow... I still skate for you. Because of you.

Funny, wasn't it? How the ice was the place that grounded Seishiro, and it once meant an escape from reality and all the feelings he wasn't ready to face. Yet, now, the ice had become the place where he let those emotions be, and he kept finding himself instead of seeking escape.

Enough of that.

Nagi ran a hand through his hair, combing it back before wiping off his sweat with one of the towels a Blue Lock staff member offered him. They patted him on the back, and without a hint of nervousness, he searched for Ego in the crowd, then sat by his side. His results would be announced in less than a minute. His jacket fell on his lap, but his body burned so much that he didn't put it on.