¹³

ᴇᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ
𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐢𝐝, 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐲

HE SEEMED AS LOST as Reo; Chigiri must have forced him to come

HE SEEMED AS LOST as Reo; Chigiri must have forced him to come. Nagi nodded at Bachira and didn't acknowledge Reo. The skater wondered if the day would come when they didn't have to make a conscious effort to act naturally before one another.

After saying hi to Chigiri, they shook hands in a way that turned into a half hug - because just shaking hands wasn't really casual. Pulling back, Reo realized Nagi had put on cologne.

The words "didn't expect to see you tonight" were stupid and he ended up not saying them, just looking away for a distraction. His mind could only center on two thoughts though: Is he looking at me? and Since when does he smell so good?

It wasn't a natural scent, but something more modern and clean. Something fresh; manly. Maybe Sauvage by Dior or Bleu de Chanel. It had pepper notes in it and would mix well with the more aromatic and fruity tones of Reo's fragrance.

Ha! He shouldn't think of that. No situation where they might be close enough to breathe each other in, or sweaty enough for their cologne to mix and wear off... nope! No way!

Asuka wrapped her hands around him and followed his gaze. "Are you just gonna stand there all night?" She asked Nagi, raising her brow in disbelief.

Nagi's stare hardened at her comment, but he moved to take a seat with the others. Asuka huffed, "Thought he wouldn't come," she said under her breath. To her friend, she smiled.

"Come with us, you haven't danced yet."

And Reo couldn't refuse, not when he would sell his liver if that gave him a chance of escaping this room and Nagi's seductive scent — Fuck, he really had to stop thinking about that.

Finding Otoya, Shidou, and Mei-Ling wasn't so hard in the sea of people thanks to Shidou's height and Otoya's bright hair. They moved in sync with Mei-Ling in the middle, mesmerizing; laughing and singing while hands and hips met, both men hovering over her like bees to honey.

Reo tried to let go in the same way, for the beats to dictate his steps and the music to take over. The melody flowed like blood, and his eyes glinted with amusement. Soon Otoya took Asuka's hand and Reo took a new partner. Their chests brushed and when Mei-Ling turned around, short black hair hit him in the face, making him laugh.

Time flew. People came and went, and the only time Reo stopped was when everyone got thirsty and they went for more drinks at the bar. By the time Kunigami and the others joined them, Reo wasn't even tipsy, but he felt lighter, entranced with the energy surrounding him.

His mind had turned into such a mush of cotton candy, he didn't overthink the next time he saw Nagi. Instead, he smiled when he was caught staring, and pressed closer to Shidou while pulling Mei-Ling to him. They talked about something, Reo didn't pay much attention sandwiched between them but he giggled regardless.