²¹

ᴇᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ
𝐛𝐞𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫

NOW

NAGI HASN'T TALKED to Reo since their fight

It wasn't like he had been purposely avoiding the other. He fled to Italy for his Prix and had been busy training ever since. When the weekend arrived, Reo had already left for China, going for his second competition. Therefore, the next time they saw each other, two weeks had passed, and they were at the finals in America.

They've spent fourteen days apart. It should've been enough time for everything to cool down between the two, but at the sight of Reo, Nagi felt everything but right. He was frustrated with Reo, with everything he caused, and everything he represented.

How he spat his words, leaving no place for rebuttal. "You never understood me."

"You shut down", "you never made me feel like you cared", "you weren't there when I needed you", "you never did anything", "you treated me like you needed more", "you did a shit job at it."

"I was running away from you."

Demanding and ordering. Saying your fault, you, you, you. Telling Nagi he had failed in everything regarding them, he had fucked them both beyond repair. He was the reason for their hearts to break and their friendship to fall apart... and now, how was Nagi supposed to take that?

He wasn't heartless. The echo of Reo's words made him sick if he pondered over them. He had been furious because Reo had been so ready to paint him as the bad guy without taking into consideration the part where he abandoned Nagi without a confrontation or resolution to any of their problems.

Reo gave up on them.

Seishiro fucked it up because he always fucked things up because he had no idea how to mature, love properly, or express himself. Putting himself in Reo's shoes, Seishiro could finally understand he hadn't been easy to deal with. He gets that, he knows. He's always known, which was the very same reason why he's never dated before.

But leaving? That was all Reo.

God, if he had screamed at Nagi back in the day... if he had said the heartbreaking things he told him last time, Nagi would've tried to be better. He would've tried.

Perhaps the worst part was that Nagi had wanted to kiss this version of Reo, too, the absolute jerk. And that was... Reo's fault, for messing with his head. Except, Nagi didn't want to pin all the blame on Reo like the other was doing. It had been his fault, too, for being weak to those big purple eyes. That, fuck, that frustrated him as well.