1

"Gege!"

Xiao Zhan sat up straight, his breathing hitched and he felt his heart racing. He is also gripping on the fabric on his bed when he wakes up.. He was in the middle of a slumber when a loud voice entered his ears. The voice came from his room's open window, indicating that the person who just shouted is from the outside. It then hits him when the voice rang again inside his head, it's Wang Yibo who's bothering his beauty sleep.

He looked at the clock, hanging on the wall. It's 8:00 in the morning. He sighed and caressed his chest, how cruel of Wang Yibo to start his day shouting nonstop in front of Xiao Zhan's apartment.

He stood up to open his apartment's main door for Wang Yibo. "What do you want with me this early?" Xiao Zhan groaned as he scratched the back of his head.

"Did you forget? We're going to Aunt Xiao you say! Oh, I miss her homemade dishes. I haven't eaten anything either." Wang Yibo exclaimed, "I also called her earlier. She's already expecting us to be there around 10 later."

Xiao Zhan yawned before proceeding to ignore Wang Yibo's enthusiastic aura. He walked towards the kitchen and poured himself a glass of water before sitting on the sofa and closed his eyes, "You could've just called him or something. I almost had a heart attack earlier. I thought there was an emergency."

"This is an emergency. Don't you miss your own mother? She's been chatting with me these days, she keeps on telling me to take care of you. Of course, I said yes." Wang Yibo replied.

They have been friends for almost six years. They met during Xiao Zhan's third year and Wang Yibo as a freshman in high school when Xiao Zhan ran as Vice President of their school's Student Council while Wang Yibo ran as a representative. Although they were from different batches, it really never affected their friendship. In Wang Yibo's perspective, it actually benefited both of them. At least, Xiao Zhan can help Wang Yibo with academic related stuff while Wang Yibo can teach him the humor of young people like him which Xiao Zhan found ridiculous since they're only four years apart in age.

Although they have met late, Mrs. Xiao still knows about Wang Yibo and has met each other countless times. In Xiao Zhan's opinion, his mother seems to like Wang Yibo more than him. It's not that he's complaining, at least, his mother approves of their relationship. In his father's eyes though, he seems to not like Wang Yibo's bright image. He said he is 'too noisy' when talking to Xiao Zhan and also "clingy" but he never minded since Wang Yibo really is clingy and noisy.

"Seems you have already replaced my position as her child. Why don't you just go on your own and be the child she has been wanting." Xiao Zhan pouted and stomped his feet, before he could even let out a chuckle, a hand touched his and took the glass away from his grip.

"Of course not. I may be handsome but not as handsome as you. I may be smart but not as smart as you. I may be good at something but you're obviously better. That's why I keep lingering on your side. You can't get away from me you smartass." Wang Yibo replied and chugged the water on his hands in one go.

"Stop flattering me, Wang Yibo."

"I am and not at the same time. It's too obvious, you've been excelling not just academically but also socially and stuff. Aiyo, I'm so jealous. Why can't I be like Gege?!" Wang Yibo whined but smiled and winked after.

Xiao Zhan rolled his eyes. "Whatever you say. I'll just go and prepare. Just wait for me."

"Mn. I will."

It took them an hour to arrive at their destination. Wang Yibo unmounted the car happily and started walking with his bag, forgetting instantly about Xiao Zhan. The place is not big but not small either. A small garden with colorful flowers owned by Mrs. Xiao welcomed Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo's eyes.