2

Wang Yibo indeed went back to him after about an hour or two. It may be a long time but not for Xiao Zhan as he used those times to take a nap as he was also tired from the long ride earlier.

He was woken up by Wang Yibo who tried his best to tiptoe in order to poke Xiao Zhan's cheek. The young lad is smiling but Xiao Zhan is certain that the smile Wang Yibo is showing is not sincere, or maybe just not real. Him being awaken never made anything less confusing either.

"Shall we go back, ge? It's almost four in the afternoon." Wang Yibo asked.

Xiao Zhan inhaled and blinked for a while before nodding, "What took you so long?"

Wang Yibo only used his head to response and shook it.

Xiao Zhan shrugged it off and jumped towards Wang Yibo. Gladly, he didn't trip.

Only did Xiao Zhan notice Wang Yibo have already changed his clothes and his hair to be quite wet, "Ah, you've showered already? What's Mama doing?"

Wang Yibo shrugged his shoulders off, his eyes continue to stare at Xiao Zhan's soul, "I haven't seen her after I finished showering. Why din't we go back  so you could check on her yourself?"

Xiao Zhan looked at Wang Yibo's face and scrunched his face, "Are you okay? You seem... off."

Wang Yibo just looked at Xiao Zhan with aloof expression, turned away and eventually started walking away.

"Ah! Wang Yibo!" Xiao Zhan shouted and jogged a little to follow the younger as Wang Yibo haven't walked much far from him, 'What's wrong with you?"

Wang Yibo shakes his head and just continued to walk but this time is much faster.

"Did Ma or Ba scold you? Or did you forget something?" Xiao Zhan asked.

Wang Yibo shook his head but like before, he never answered verbally.

Only did Xiao Zhan stopped asking nonsense to Wang Yibo once they reached home.

"Wang Yibo, what's your problem?" Xiao Zhan asked as he held Wang Yibo's wrist firmly using his right hand.

He heard Wang Yibo sigh loudly. Then, he saw the young lad turn towards him and looked at him with furrowed brows and aloof expression, "I'm tired. Can we just talk about this later or soon? Just not now."

Xiao Zhan felt an unfamiliar pain near his chest, he couldn't tell. He felt like he couldn't breathe after hearing the man's response but he did remove his grasp from the other's wrist. He wanted to stop Wang Yibo from leaving him outside but what can he use as an excuse? He's feeling hot? Feeling hurt? Confused?

His feet are glued on the ground, he couldn't make any step. He could only watch the younger walk away from him.

It is seven in the evening, Xiao Zhan is in the kitchen, helping Mrs. Xiao to prepare for dinner. It's supposed to be a good mini-reunion for him and his parents and also Wang Yibo but ever since he came back from the field, he could clearly see how the atmosphere dropped.

He takes some glance to his mother from time to time and he could see how different his mother's mood now from earlier. Just what did Wang Yibo tell his parents?

Xiao Zhan is busy cutting the garlic for Liangfen when he thought of something out of nowhere, Did Wang Yibo enter a fraternity or was involved in illegal activities?!

"Why did you stop? Do it quicker. Oil is about to get hot." Mrs. Xiao suddenly said which made Xiao Zhan leave his thoughts  for a while.

"Ah? Oh." Xiao Zhan placed the already cut garlic on to the plate and starts cutting green onion but even during cutting the seasoning, his brain just couldn't process anything that is happening, not to even mentioned he hasn't seen his father after he went back.