18

Xiao Zhan is listening to his professor when he heard Xuan Lu murmur something, "Zhan, what are you going to wear on Sunday?"

Xiao Zhan looked at Xuan Lu and he focused his attention again to the professor talking in front and shrugged, "I haven't heard of any announcement about that. Maybe just a white shirt and some jeans?"

"Eh? So, you're going to attend?" Xuan Lu smiles.

Xiao Zhan nodded as he started to take some notes, "Mn. After all, The Beat only happens once every academic year, right? I can also celebrate and watch some concerts. I heard some famous bands would perform."

Xuan Lu nods.

Xiao Zhan, "I... I also think of talking to Wang Yibo about... my feelings."

Xuan Lu turned immediately, she asked with a soft voice but shock is clearly visible in her voice, "Are you... that sudden?!"

Xiao Zhan looked at her and rolled his eyes, "It's... I think so. No! It's been bothering me. I can't take it anymore."

Xuan Lu sighed, "Okay, if that's what you want. I'll always be here supporting your decisions. But... what are you going to do if he..."

While listening to Xuan Lu, his wandering eyes caught Li Qin looking at him with wide eyes and furrowed brows, not a shock but a threatening one. He didn't understand what she meant by that so he just nodded and went his attention back to Xuan Lu.

Xiao Zhan smiles, "I know there's really something going on between him and Cheng Xiao. If he rejects me, then I guess it's a tie? I have hurt him before, it's fine if he hurt me. I think I deserve that any--"

"Mr. Xiao, that's too much to take in but can you both please pay attention to me? You can talk about it later. If you can't keep your mouths shut, I may have to make you leave the room now."

Xiao Zhan then just realized that Li Qin is probably trying to warn him about the noise they've been making. He and Xuan Lu suddenly shut their mouths after hearing the lecture from their professor.

Xiao Zhan decided to stay in the campus for a while after the morning lecture. He made his way to the library to read some books and probably sleep for a little while since he is too lazy to go home.

He found a spot and decided to sit there and take a nap before heading home. He put on his earbuds, played a song and slumped his arms on the table and used it as a cushion. He stayed that way until he lost consciousness.

Wang Yibo and Cho Seuungyoun went inside the library to borrow some books for their minor subjects. Cho Seungyoun is on the library's counter to process the borrowing and books while Wang Yibo is browsing on random shelves, trying to look for books that would peak some interest in him when he sees something, someone.

He walked towards the man and smiled. He tried to shake the man but he heard some silent snoozes which confirmed to him that the man was indeed sleeping.

That's what you get when you tire yourself too much.

Wang Yibo picked something up from his pocket, a piece of card and put it under Xiao Zhan's arms. He slowly closes his distance from Xiao Zhan and admires the sleeping man. It's been a while since he had been with Xiao Zhan this close. He looked at Xiao Zhan's mole under his lips and then his eyes went into Xiao Zhan's moles on his ears and neck.

Wang Yibo smiled and smoothly caressed Xiao Zhan's smooth hair. He stepped back with his hands inside his pockets, he looked at Xiao Zhan one last time before he went to Cho Seungyoun.

Cho Seungyoun turned to Wang Yibo when he felt a hand on his shoulders, with a low voice, he asked, "Where have you been?"

Wang Yibo shrugged, "Just looking at the books."

Cho Seungyoun, "Since when did you have the interest to read books?"

Wang Yibo, "Hey, I do read books!"

Cho Seungyoun spat, "Bullshit. You only read when needed."

"Whatever."

Cho Seungyoun, "Wenhan-ge will be practicing with the students later, around three in the afternoon. We can have time to practice our piece."

Wang Yibo nodded, "Okay, cool. We can talk more about the theme after the practice and other things needed for the performance."

Xiao Zhan woke up from the numbness he was feeling on his back. He groaned as he felt the soreness of his back and lower body, he eventually stretched, Xiao Zhan stretched just a little so as not to disturb the other people inside the library. Speaking of people, he just noticed that the number of people in the room increased.

He was about to stand up to leave the place when he noticed a piece of pink card resting on his lap. He sighed heavily and stretched for the last time before he picked the card up to look and read it, if it had some words written in it.

The card was not folded, it is also in a small rectangular shape and smells familiarly good. Is this some sort of scented paper?

He looked on the other side, nothing.

He flipped the paper and something was written.

Meet me at midnight on Monday at the rooftop of Building 13. - Wang Yibo.

Xiao Zhan's heart then started to pound. Is there anything they have to talk about? Is he getting murdered?

Regardless of thoughts overflowing his brain, he felt his heart starting to rest into its normal speed. At least he will have the moment to tell Wang Yibo the truth about his feelings for him. He doesn't need to try and sneak onto Wang Yibo just for that.

Xiao Zhan opened his phone to go to his and Wang Yibo's conversation. He types something before he eventually texted him an okay.

Afraid to die from the nervousness and happiness, Xiao Zhan decided to tell Xuan Lu about it.

[Wang Yibo gave me a card, he said he wants to meet me on Sunday]