10

Right after coming home from such an exhausting class session, Xiao Zhan immediately opened his laptop and searched for a cardiologist. He is certain he has some problem with his cardiovascular system.

He immediately saw a website of a nearby hospital and was about to book an appointment when his phone vibrated just right beside his laptop.

He opened the phone and saw it was Xuan Lu who texted.

In the notification bar, he read the message.

[Are you okay?]

Xiao Zhan was about to open his phone when it vibrated again. Xuan Lu texted him again.

[I noticed you barely talked to us earlier. Is there a problem?]

Xiao Zhan felt his heart palpitating once again. He didn't reply, instead he dialed Xuan Lu's number. Not long enough, Xuan Lu answered his call.

"Hello?"

Xiao Zhan breathed in trying to stabilize his breathing and calm his heart, "Hey."

"Are you okay? Is there a problem?"

Xiao Zhan smiled, "I... I'm not sure but I think I'm sick."

"What?! How so?!"

Xiao Zhan gulped, "My heart has been acting so weird. It's like I'm getting nervous from time to time. I think I have a heart problem?"

Xuan Lu, "Why? Is there any other symptoms? Does you head ache suddenly. You're running out of air or--"

Xiao Zhan, "My head ached earlier when I woke up. Then, whenever my heart races, I can't breathe. I feel like running out of breath."

Xuan Lu, "What do you think is the reason, Xiao Zhan? Have you been skipping meals or not exercising at all? Maybe it's in your genes."

Xiao Zhan immediately denied, "No. My mom and dad are fine. They also never mentioned any relatives who died due to a heart disease. I also regularly exercise if walking is considered an exercise. I also never skip meals since..."

Xuan Lu, "Since Wang Yibo will 'pester' you if you don't take care of yourself."

Xiao Zhan's heart pounded even faster, "I can't breathe."

He knows Xuan Lu is panicking mentally regardless her not doing something physically, "I'll call Wang Yibo."

Xiao Zhan, "How can you call him? You don't even talk to him."

Xuan Lu, "Right. But... since when did it start? At what time? Is there a certain time it occurs?"

Xiao Zhan tried to remember...

And remember...

And remember...

All he could think is it started maybe weeks ago? Whenever he is either with Wang Yibo or talking about Wang Yibo.

Xiao Zhan immediately ended the call. His breathing became harder to catch when he realized it.

There is no way he will say that to Xuan Lu!

Okay, he did tell Xuan Lu what he realized.

He is embarrassed to admit but he still did. He knows she's a good friend and adviser anyway. He just couldn't accept whatever Xuan Lu said.

"I think you like him, Xiao Zhan."

Xiao Zhan will never accept that fact. It's not even a fact, it is merely a friend's guess. Xuan Lu is trying to poison his brain, he will never let her do that!