5

Wang Yibo knows Xiao Zhan would react that way, that's the main reason why he's hesitant in confessing about his feelings for him, they are both men after all. But he didn't expect the other man to avoid him for a month and counting. He tried to come to Xiao Zhan's apartment and wait for hours by sitting in front of the door or playing on his phone, sleeping is one of the options as well, hoping for Xiao Zhan to open the door for him. He tries to call and text him every now and then especially when he knows Xiao Zhan is free. Hell, he even went to Xiao Zhan's classes whenever he could in hopes to even just have a short conversation with him. All in hopes that Xiao Zhan would change his mind.

All those efforts were in vain.

Xiao Zhan was sipping on his coffee in the kitchen while scrolling through his phone when he heard a knock. There he goes again. He didn't move at all and let the person on the other side of the door keep knocking. After all, he doesn't want to communicate with Wang Yibo anymore.

He just keep on sipping on his hot coffee, tasting the bittersweet liquid and feeling the liquid to come to his tongue down his throat. He almost vomit the coffee when he heard a voice from the outside, "Aren't you Xiao-ge's boyfriend?"

That mother--

"Huh? Xiao-ge? Xiao Zhan?" He heard Wang Yibo ask Cheng Xiao.

Xiao Zhan finally knows the woman next door's name is. Of course, he knows. He is not a bad neighbor at all. He sometimes gives Cheng Xiao some food whenever he can't finish them. It's embarrassing to not share some to her after tons of fruits she had given him from the past.

Cheng Xiao hummed, "Mn. Isn't he your boyfriend or was I mistaken?"

Well, he's a good neighbor but he indeed forgot to mention that he and Wang Yibo were nothing but friends.

Wang Yibo, "No? What made you think of that?"

He could imagine Cheng Xiao blushing out of embarrassment. He would too if he accidentally assumed that a male neighbor is in a relationship with his male friend.

"Anyway, I noticed he's not opening the door for you so I kind of intervened now. Did you fight?" Cheng Xiao asked and after that, Xiao Zhan heard a knock. "Xiao-ge! Please, open up!"

Xiao Zhan flinched and felt his heart thumping loudly. He stood up and walked back and forth, not knowing what he would do. The loud knocking didn't help at all. Fuck this girl.

"I got some pie for you anyway. It'll get cold if you keep on sleeping." Cheng Xiao keeps on knocking.

She's really getting me in trouble. What am I going to do?!

"It's no use." He heard Wang Yibo stop Cheng Xiao Zhan, "I'll go now."

The knocking stopped, causing Xiao Zhan to pause from panicking. He slowly walked towards the door and rested his ears to clearly hear the conversation of his former friend and neighbor.

Cheng Xiao, "I see. Xiao-ge is a good man and I didn't know what happened between you two. Maybe he's still asleep but I'm worried he's avoiding you and wants you nowhere near him? I'll... I'll just tell him you passed by. Maybe I could change his mind and talk to you. You don't seem to be a bad guy anyway."

Wang Yibo, "I... Okay."

Wang Yibo didn't leave that day. And that was not the only time he heard them talking while Wang Yibo was waiting for him to talk to him. It went on and on and on and on.

He heard how Wang Yibo enjoyed Cheng Xiao's company.

Cheng Xiao, "My parents are going to visit later. I also have mentioned you and Xiao-ge to them. You should go and eat with us while waiting for Xiao-ge."