9

Wang Yibo ate lunch at Xiao Zhan's before bidding his farewell to the older. Xiao Zhan waved his hands as he watched Wang Yibo walk towards Cheng Xiao's place. He seems to be selfish but seeing a friend walking away just to meet another friend gives him an uncomfortable feeling within his heart.

He closed the door after he heard Wang Yibo ring the doorbell of the other house.

He looked at the finished plate Wang Yibo left. The younger man insisted on washing the utensils but he disagreed and said he could take care of it. He wanted to make Wang Yibo wash all the used plates and utensils but didn't, it would be too obvious he just wanted the man to delay his temporary departure from him.

Xiao Zhan decided to just lay on his bed and scroll through his phone while waiting for the time to prepare for class to arrive.

Another session of ringing alarm was heard inside Xiao Zhan's room when four in the afternoon arrived. He groaned and turned off the alarm. He stood up and went to the shower immediately, annoyed.

He opened the shower and he felt his blood rush to his head when a sudden cold water came in contact with his skin. Why is life against him today?!

First, his study session was interrupted. Then, he got Cheng Xiao to divide Wang Yibo's time for him-- What?

Anyway, today is awful for him. He is hundred percent sure. He won't be surprised if he fails the exam he will be taking today.

He adjusted the cold water into warm and continued showering. It really didn't matter to him if he would feel sick because of his unhealthy habits. He didn't even want to survive.

He got out of the shower after a while and wore his neatly ironed uniform. He combed his hair, didn't even bother to dry them, and left the apartment.

He went to the bus stop, waiting for a bus to go to the campus when he saw a figure of a woman already waiting for a bus. He noticed the familiar uniform and figure, he realized it was Cheng Xiao.

Great!

He went to the bus stop and waved at Cheng Xiao.

Cheng Xiao noticed his hands which made her to look at him, who is still at least six feet away. The younger woman smiled and waved back, "Are you waiting for the bus as well?"

Xiao Zhan nodded. He jogged towards the woman, "Hey. You're early."

Cheng Xiao, "Well, there has been a saying 'It's better to be late than never' but I think it's best to be early than late."

Xiao Zhan chuckled, "You're right. Oh, where is Yibo?"

He noticed Cheng Xiao avoiding his eyes and smiling shyly, "Uh... he left right after discussing things with me."

Xiao Zhan felt bitter. Why is Cheng Xiao acting like some high school girl talking about her crush to her father?

Xiao Zhan nodded, "Okay."

The two stood silent before Cheng Xiao blurted something Xiao Zhan could barely understand.

Xiao Zhan, "What?"

Cheng Xiao, "..."

Xiao Zhan blinked. Maybe he was hallucinating or something and thought Cheng Xiao was talking. He looked away from Cheng Xiao and kept his eyes on the road, waiting for the bus when he heard Cheng Xiao again, this time, clearer.

Cheng Xiao, "Is Wang Yibo single?"

Xiao Zhan felt the world stop but his heart started to pound on his chest. If he was in those historical novels, he is certain he would be spitting blood out after hearing what the girl asked him.

Xiao Zhan blinked, he felt as though he was running out of air and Cheng Xiao is the one who consumed the oxygen in the place.

Xiao Zhan, "What?"

Cheng Xiao smiled apologetically, "Please, don't tell Yibo? I think he is a good man. I really enjoy his company and... I think I have a crush on him. I'm not really into confession or anything but I wanted to try. It won't hurt to try, right?"

Xiao Zhan almost shouted, What do you mean it won't hurt?! It would definitely hurt.. who?

Xiao Zhan was in deep thought when Cheng Xiao tapped his shoulders, "The bus is here."

Xiao Zhan looked at her and nodded. Still couldn't process whatever he had heard from the girl, he entered the bus and eventually forgot to even answer the woman.

He does hope that him not answering the woman would make him hesitate to not confess anything to Wang Yibo. It wouldn't hurt him but it would definitely make him... him what? He doesn't know the right term either.

The almost entire bus ride was silent but awkward.

He heard Cheng Xiao mutter though, "Do you think he would gladly accept me?"

Why is she acting like she is going to come out to Wang Yibo and tell him she is gay?

Cheng Xiao, 'I'm sorry, do I pressure you? I just have no one to tell. My friends are in the province and I barely make contact with my friends here in the city. You're the only mutual friend I have with Yibo. It would be uncomfortable to tell my friends about Yibo since they don't know him and... well, my parents are strict, they might tell my parents about this."

If I were your friends, I would definitely tell them whatever you're telling me right now.

Cheng Xiao, "I should ask Seungyoun for help."

Xiao Zhan mentally face-palmed, Asking for Cho Seungyoun's help is even worse!

Xiao Zhan whispered, "Wang Yibo is single."

He saw Cheng Xiao from his side and looked at him, "Really?"

Xiao Zhan nodded, "I don't know if he..." still likes me though.

Cheng Xiao, "He what?"

XIao Zhan, "If he likes someone."

Cheng Xiao smiled, "It doesn't matter. I just wanted to tell him what I've been feeling. I actually started to enjoy his company when the two of you were fighting and he usually stayed by your front door waiting for you."

The bus finally arrived at the campus and Xiao Zhan jumped out of his seat, he didn't bother to respond and walked faster than his usual pace, just wanting to escape from whatever Cheng Xiao was telling him.

He is uncomfortable. It is unbearable to hear Cheng Xiao tell him she likes Wang Yibo. It is painful for him, he could tear down his ears just to not hear Cheng Xiao talk about her feelings to Wang Yibo. He doesn't like Cheng Xiao but he doesn't want him to hate Cheng Xiao either. She may be annoying but that's just how her nature works.

Xiao Zhan thinks that whatever he is feeling is worse than a man getting jealous because his girl was being taken away from him. He hates it.

Xiao Zhan entered the room with a bitch face and didn't talk to anyone during a short lecture and the exam. He didn't get to focus enough during the examination due to what Cheng Xiao told him. He shouldn't have talked to her.

She's a pain.

He won't be surprised if he really got a bad score on the exam, he almost couldn't care less anyway.