7

It's seven in the evening when Xiao Zhan's class for the day has finally come to an end. He packed his things, put his bag on and was about to go out when Xuan Lu, a blockmate, called his name.

Xiao Zhan smiled at the woman and raised his brows, "Yeah?"

Xuan Lu jogged towards him, her bag swaying behind her, "Do you want to go eat dinner with me and Zhuocheng?"

Xiao Zhan inhaled and decided, eating with his friends wouldn't hurt. And so, he agreed.

Xuan Lu smiled timidly and nodded, "Zhuocheng's class will end shortly. Let's go."

He felt Xuan Lu's hand wrap around his wrists, he didn't complain anymore.

He had known Xuan Lu since his freshman year, and Wang Zhuocheng was introduced just in the beginning of his sophomore year. Wang Zhuocheng is in the same college level with Wang Yibo and is Xuan Lu's cousin and since Xuan Lu has been a friend of his, he had a quite good relationship with Wang Zhuocheng.

Xiao Zhan and Xuan Lu sat on the bench just right in front of Wang Zhuocheng's current room. Silence engulfed for a good minute until Xuan Lu started a conversation.

Xuan Lu, "How are you?"

Xiao Zhan looked at Xuan Lu and gave her a timid smile, "Fine."

Xuan Lu nodded, "Zhuocheng mentioned a friend confessed to you?"

Xiao Zhan bit the inside of his cheeks before answering, "Yeah."

Xuan Lu looked at him, giving him enough comfort, "I'm sorry, I wasn't supposed to know that. Zhuocheng heard from Seungyoun's friends."

Xiao Zhan forced a smile, "Seungyoun never shuts up."

Xuan Lu nodded, "I don't know him personally but I think so too."

The two stayed silent for a while, looking at other students on their bag, leaving the campus.

"You know, whatever you're feeling right now is valid. I was shocked when I heard about Yibo confessing to you. No, actually, I have been noticing him stealing meaningful glances at you whenever he could but silly me, shrugging it off. I never told you because I don't want to ruin your friendship." Xuan Lu explained and Xiao Zhan understands her.

If he were her, he wouldn't take an eye either. It is none of his business.

"I heard you avoided him?"

Xiao Zhan didn't respond and just lowered his head. Xuan Lu took it as a 'yes'.

"He's a serious one. He is serious with you and your... well, friendship." Xuan Lu smiled, "I can't imagine myself being friends with someone avoiding me for weeks. The commitment."

He heard Xuan Lu chuckle.

"I do adore him. You can rarely see a man being an actual man. He just wants you back, it doesn't matter to him whether you will give the feelings he has for you back or not."

Xiao Zhan didn't move but he does agree. He wouldn't be able to take it if he were the one who got rejected and was avoided by someone he had been liking for years.

"I do adore how you gave him a chance though." Xuan Lu added, "You're good. There's no need to feel guilty about it."

Xiao Zhan, "He never deserved to be thrown that way either. I still feel guilty about it."

Xuan Lu sighed and held Xiao Zhan's hands, "I'm sorry you felt that way.. I shouldn't have brought it up."

Xiao Zhan just nodded and Xuan Lu retreated her hand from Xiao Zhan. The two no longer spoke to each other and silently waited for the youngest to arrive.