22

Xiao Zhan didn't saw himself sleep longer than intended. He gradually jumped out of the bed and immediately looked at the time on his phone, it is already 12:45.

He had been late from his meet up with Wang Yibo. He rushed towards the door and slowly knocked on Xuan Lu's room.

The door opened and he saw Xuan Lu with her sleepy eyes and rumbles hair, "Oh, yeah?"

Xiao Zhan smiled and apologized, "I'm sorry. I have to go now. Thank you, bye."

Xuan Lu just nodded and scratched her head, her eyes drooping but somehow still get to answer her friend, "Okay. Just go close the door. I'll just lock it later."

Xiao Zhan didn't waste anytime after Cuan Lu answered and immediately rushed out of the house and starts running towards the campus.

After almost what he felt like running for hours, he reached the campus. He immediately messaged Wang Yibo to figure out which building they must meet but all he got was nothing in return.

He starts to look for possible buildings when he realized the usual place they used to hang out as freshmen and sophomore is the Building C. He immediately rushed towards the building and went up the stairs.

Once he reached the last step of the stairs, he stopped. He could feel his heart beating but he knows it is not just from running all over here from his friend's house but also because of nervous. Will Wang Yibo get mad at him for making him wait for almost an hour?

He slowly opened the door, trying his best to not make a sound and when he did opened the door enough to peek in. His whole system dropped. He felt himself feel cold and went numb all of a sudden.

He saw the man he had plans on meeting with kissing a girl at the exact time they were supposed to be talking. It is not just because he was late, right?

Did Wang Yibo forgot about his plans with him?

Did Wang Yibo forget about him?

Did Wang Yibo intentionally do this?

Did Wang Yibo tell him to meet him in purpose? To hurt him? To show him how undeserving he is to be with him?

He wants to run, he badly wanted to but all he could do was to stare at them kissing while teardrops slowly forming and sliding down his cheeks.

He couldn't help himself but gasp for air. He covered his mouth with his hands tightly while tears continuously running. His heart was too hurt that he couldn't even comprehend what he was feeling at this moment.

He saw how the two pulled away slowly and how Cheng Xiao held the man he had been loving for a while now.

"I don't..." Cheng Xiao whispered while hugging Wang Yibo.

Wang Yibo hesitantly but still decided to hug the girl back and caress her back, "Hey..."

Cheng Xiao felt like crying out of happiness, her heart was jumping around that she could see herself jumping with it, "I... I like you, Wang Yibo. I really do."

Xiao Zhan waited for Wang Yibo's reply but he didn't hear anything.

"I'll make this worth it for you. I promise."

Wang Yibo looked at the woman and just hummed, "Okay."

Xiao Zhan couldn't breathe. How can he breathe if all his body could do was to cry and sniff and feel emotional. He immediately went downstairs and left the campus. He went to the bus stop and sat on the bench. He knows no bus will be coming at this hour but who knows? He stayed there as he felt his whole body aching, most of all, his heart.

He doesn't want to be near to anyone at this point. He just wants to be alone and reflect. What had he done to deserve all this?

He picked up his phone from his pocket and unlocked it. He looked at the time, it is past one in the morning. He looked around and all he could see other than the lights from the streetlights was nothing but pitch black.

He wanted to call his mother. He knows he is pathetic to only think of his parents whenever he either feel confused or hurt but a child is still a child. He decided to not contact her as he knows his mother is still asleep and doesn't want to bother her.

He decided to just sleep on the bus stop.

Wang Yibo felt confused but much more calm than ever. It felt like a burden suddenly left his shoulders, making him to move freely without any doubt and hesitance. It is past three when he went back to his apartment after he parted ways with what he usually label someone he is talking to as a love interest.

He opened the apartment and nothing actually welcomed him but a dim light coming from the open door of the kitchen.

He directly went to his room and there, he lied down the bed and looked at the ceiling, his mind is completely full of thoughts.

Most are about him and Cheng Xiao. Some are about Xiao Zhan.

Now, thinking of Xiao Zhan made Wang Yibo felt like he is cheating on Cheng Xiao. He inhaled before he let out a long sigh. He closed his eyes and let his mind went to unconsciousness.

"He did what?!"

Xiao Zhan hicks, "I don't know either. It really hurts, Xuan Lu. I thought everything about us will be better but it turned out the opposite way."

"I... How can he do that? Are you telling me he completely forgot about you and his feelings for you?!"

Xiao Zhan, "I can't tell. Maybe? Who knows? I just know things are never going well for me."

"What's your plan?"

"Probably, forget about him."

Xiao Zhan decided to tell Xuan Lu about everything. Not to his surprise, Xuan Lu was shocked about what he told her. Xiao Zhan felt like shit. It felt like Wang Yibo just played him some sort of game, coming and going away. His feelings and decision changing over a period of time that Xiao Zhan could feel himself like throwing up as if Wang Yibo just throws him around.

Xiao Zhan is tired but he couldn't stop himself from loving the man he once turned away from.