19

Saturday came and Xiao Zhan decided to shop for his necessities at home. At nine in the morning, he left his apartment with a crew neck sweat and jeans, and sneakers.

As he walked out of the apartment, he saw Cheng Xiao watering her front yard plants. The two exchange smiles and good mornings before Xiao Zhan continues walking away. He took a cab and dropped off when they reached the supermarket store part of the mall.

He entered the store, got shopping baskets and started looking around for necessities he might need and surely need. He had prepared some lists on a piece of paper, and from there, he started browsing for them.

He started off with snacks and ready-to-eat foods. Then, he went to the rice area and bought three packs of it. He also bought some foods and beverages that are not listed on the paper. After he finally finished the rounds of browsing the store, he finally started to line up to pay for the things he has on his cart.

The store starts to fill with people and the place is starting to get louder and louder. Since it is a norm for a supermarket to be this loud, Xiao Zhan never took an eye for it and simply took out his wallet. Fortunately, he still hasn't run out of money his parents have given him.

Despite his parents being fine with giving him allowance, the thought of freelancing has been in his mind since he turned freshman but unfortunately, he really didn't have the time to start. Regardless, he still gets to earn money whenever his colleagues when he was in his sophomore year would for help academically or non-academically related. It just happened that his block mates this academic year are cheap like him.

It was then his turn, the scanning of the barcodes making the whatever beep continuously enter his ears. Tons of beeping was heard before the cashier muttered the total of the amount he had to pay.

He peaked on his wallet and pulled out the money and gave it to the cashier. The cashier gave him the change and he gladly accepted it, saying "keep the change" was never his thing. He has to receive the penny even if it was only five cents.

The things he shopped were put in a box.

He cussed when he realized he still had things to buy in the department area of the mall. He was about to carry the box when he heard an unfamiliar voice from behind calling him.

"Xiao Zhan?"

He turned around and saw a handsome-looking man smiling at him. The man seems to be the same height as him and the same age. He found himself frowning as he couldn't tell who this man was and how he knew him.

Xiao Zhan, completely dumbfounded, found himself talking to the man, "How did you know my name?"

"You didn't remember me?" The man asked, chuckling.

He didn't answer and just looked at the man, his guards were up.

The man's shoulder went down and sighed, "Ah, you must not recognize me. Understandable, we barely interact with each other before. I'm Zhou Yixuan, Wang Yibo's friend. I was a year ahead of you. I'm glad to see you again. Is Yibo with you?"

Xiao Zhan tried to remember but his memories seem to have just disappeared, he shrugged it off and said an "ah" before he responded, "He's not with me. He's been busy for the event at our university tomorrow. Uh... based on your question, you're not a student in the university?"

Zhou Yixuan smiled and shook his head, "No. I moved to Shanghai after graduating. I also started college there. I was just having a break now. I thought of visiting the others but I kind of have a struggle finding their location here. Did he move?"

Xiao Zhan nodded, "If you're talking about moving from his old apartment. He did. He's now currently living with Seungyoun? I don't really remember. Uh.. I can give you his number if you want."