23

"Thank you."

Xiao Zhan bowed at the audience in front of him before he went back to his seat. It was their defense for their research, a requirement his batch must attain in order to graduate.

He just looked at the professor explaining his topic further when Xuan Lu nudged him on the side. He looked at her and leaned in, "Why?"

Xuan Lu, "Nice." She smiled and made a "like" sign at him before focusing her attention back to the lecture.

Xiao Zhan smiled back and copied Xuan Lu as well.

It has been almost a year since the incident happened. Xiao Zhan is already a senior while Wang Yibo is in his junior year. They actually never had any closure about their feelings for each other. Xiao Zhan's feelings for Wang Yibo never left while Wang Yibo's feels like it just flew away.

They still talk and laugh, do things like usual even though Xiao Zhan knows something Wang Yibo will probably never find out. To Xiao Zhan's surprise, Wang Yibo and Cheng Xiao actually turned out to be a good couple especially when Wang Yibo finally reciprocated Cheng Xiao's feelings. It is not that Xiao Zhan hoped he waas in his neighbor's place, not at all.

His phone vibrated making him to pull it out of his pockets. Wang Yibo sent him a message.

[Where are you?]

Xiao Zhan looked at the professor before he typed, "Class, why?"

He didn't put it back to his pockets as he knows Wang Yibo will respond.

A buzz came in, [When are you going out? I'll wait for you.]

To Xiao Zhan's surprise, Wang Yibo actually became comfortable around him again after the relationship of him and Cheng Xiao started. It feels like his confidence of pulling him away from Xuan Lu came back which made Xiao Zhan felt even more guilty about the rejection he gave to Wang Yibo before.

"Four. You can leave."

[We'll wait for you.]

But Xiao Zhan also feels like a third-wheel whenever that happened.

There will be times that he didn't know the couple would go on a date and Wang Yibo just pulled him towards an ice cream shop only to see Cheng Xiao eating her strawberry ice cream.

He typed, "No need. I still have some works to do after class. We can just hang out once I'm free from this bullshits."

He turned his phone to silent mode after sending the message and just put his attention to the professor.

In less than two months, Xiao Zhan will finally graduate and leave this college world. He is excited but also nervous and afraid about how his life would turn out as a young adult.

He had never expected any of this things around him to happen. Wang Yibo having a girlfriend and Xuan Lu about to get married to someone Xiao Zhan didn't even heard of. He actually felt betrayed when he found out about it.

"You're what?!"

Xuan Lu pouts and stuffed a spoon of rice onto Xiao Zhan's mouth before she replied, "You're overreacting. It's not that I'm leaving China, you know?"

Xiao Zhan immediately chewed the rice and immediately gulped them. He claimed, "You're literally getting married! Xuan Lu, how can I stay still?! I didn't even know you were seeing someone!"

Xuan Lu sighed and looked at the food in front of her and stirred it slowly, "Ma and Ba set me up on a blind date when you were broken with you know who... of course, I don't want to invalidate your feelings."

Xiao Zhan was even horrified, "You knowz you can tell me after that? It's not like I was messed up during those times! Zhuocheng didn't even bother to tell me! Am I that irrelevant?!"

Xuan Lu, "Of course not. I just want to keep our relationship lowkey. Be thankful I invited you to the wedding. My parents wanted the wedding to be just about the famoly but I still made them agree about you joining. Come on, don't be silly. I just hid it for a year!"

Xiao Zhan just rolled his eyes, "Just make sure that man is not going to be a dick to you."

Xuan Lu laughed, "Of course, I'll be the one ripping that manhood of his if he ever hurt me."

Xiao Zhan, "Good."

He also found out about Wang Yibo's friend, Cho Seungyoun, having a boyfriend which was a big surprise for Xiao Zhan. He perceived the man as straight as a ruler, turns out that man was a cylinder.

Xiao Zhan is happy abouy the people he knew having the time of their life but he couldn't help but feel left out. Juniors like Wang Yibo having lovers but himself doesn't even see someone?

"Everyone, there will be a photoshoot for the upcoming graduation. It will be held tomorrow at 8:30 in the morning in Reading Hub." The professor suddenly informed the students making the whole class to either squeal in excitement or stayed neutral.

Xiao Zhan looked at the time and shrugged, it is not like he is shocked about the photoshoot, it is obviously predictable especially they are about to graduate.

He felt a pinch on his arms making him to automatically get closer to Xuan Lu. She said, "You already have quotes for tomorrow?"

Xiao Zhan shakes his head, his brows furrowing, "No. I'll just search later on the internet. It's not that it has to be unique or something."

Xuan Lu, "You're right."

Xiao Zhan thought, he is neither a handsome student nor a popular one so what's the bother of thinking of quotations for the yearbook. Just put his face and done, simple as that.

But that thought of Xiao Zhan immediately went into the abyss. That same day, Xiao Zhan was sitting in front of his desk. Thinking of a quotation that will express his opinion and thought about a particular topic.

He looked at the piece of paper that he knows anytime will get crumpled by him due to his ignorance of thinking of a simple yet powerful message for the year book.

Then, something suddenly came to his mind.

"If crying is an art, my room would be full of canvas due to school works."