25

Twelve noon, Xuan Lu received a message from Li Qin that it was their turn to take pictures. She immediately informed Xiao Zhan and went off to the reading hub.

The three people were no longer in the library the time they left. To Xiao Zhan's disappointment, Wang Yibo never went to him to tell him whatever he was supposed to say during the morning. Xiao Zhan might forever not know about it.

They immediately saw their blockmates falling in line outside the reading hub making Xuan Lu to grunt.

"It's hot as fudge! Do we really have to fall in line under direct sunlight?!" She claimed while fanning herself using her hands.

Xiao Zhan immediately pulled out an umbrella from his bag and opened it, "Here."

Xuan Lu smiled sweetly at Xiao Zhan before she held the umbrella. She turned again before she flashed Xiao Zhan another sweet smile which Xiao Zhan always sees whenever Xuan Lu asks for something.

Xiao Zhan rolled his eyes and chuckled, "What is it this time?"

Xuan Lu hugged Xiao Zhan's arms, "Do you have your hand fan with you? Let me borrow it!"

Xiao Zhan moaned and whined, "You're annoying. Let go, I'll go get it."

Xuan Lu squealed and hopped around, "Thank you, my friend!"

Xiao Zhan cringed, "Stop jumping around, you'll get sweaty. We don't want your makeup get ruined, do we?"

Xuan Lu immediately stopped but still squealed and tailed Xiao Zhan around while sometimes pinching the taller man and showering him with compliments until he pulled out the hand fan out of his bag which was immediately pulled by Xuan Lu out of his hand.

"Thank you!" Xuan Lu said before she turned back to the line and immediately started fanning herself.

He just zipped his bag and he was pulled by someone. He was dragged for at least ten feet away from Xuan Lu when the person finally stopped pulling him.

He looked and saw it was Wang Yibo. He unconsciously looked behind him, searching for Cheng Xiao but the woman was nowhere to be found.

Wang Yibo might have noticed him looking behind, which made him say, "Cheng Xiao has class. Have Xuan Lu told you about it earlier?"

Xiao Zhan blinked before he nodded, "What's the matter?"

Wang Yibo inhaled, "Are you free?"

Xiao Zhan smiled at him sarcastically, "I'm literally going to attend a pictorial and you're asking me if I am free or not? Of course not!"

Wang Yibo shakes his head before he annoyingly holds Xiao Zhan's arms.

"Where are you going to take me, Wang Yibo?" Xiao Zhan grunted but not budging and took Wang Yibo's grip off of his arms, "Wang Yibo, what are you doing?"

Wang Yibo finally loosened his grip when they were no longer under the sun, his grip still on Xiao Zhan, "Can I stay in your apartment later?"

Xiao Zhan's breath hitched, "Why? You missed me?"

Wang Yibo chuckled and slapped Xiao Zhan's arms playfully, "Aside from that."

Xiao Zhan just smiled at the thought, did he missed him?

Wang Yibo, "Cheng Xiao's parents will visit. She thought meeting them later would be a great idea."

Xiao Zhan's smile faded. Wang Yibo was too busy to explain that he didn't even notice about Xiao Zhan's change of mood.

He continued, "You know, I never met her parents. I'm excited, of course, but a little nervous. This felt a little too familiar."

Xiao Zhan felt his heart shattering from Wang Yibo's words. So, they are indeed serious about their relationship, huh?

Xiao Zhan couldn't help but ask with a joking voice, "I didn't know you were that serious with Cheng Xiao. Are you sure you're Wang Yibo?"

Wang Yibo's face turned serious but also confused, "I never changed, Zhan-ge. I have been like this even when I liked you. I think it is the situation's difference that you think I changed. To be fair, I think you were the one who quite changed. You're a little too distant ever since... I..."

Xiao Zhan gulped, "About that..."

Wang Yibo suddenly tapped Xiao Zhan's shoulder and smiled, "Anyway, let's forget about it. I have to go now, Seungyoun is waiting for me. See you later."

Xiao Zhan wanted to speak up but then what's the point of telling him he likes him if he is already with Cheng Xiao, right?

He quietly looked at the man leaving him under the tree before he decided to walk back to the reading hub.

"Where have you been?" Xuan Lu asked him, "You just disappeared. The next time I know, you were walking back here. I saw Wang Yibo walk out from the same place you went. What dod you do?"

Xiao Zhan sighed. He wanted to tell Xuan Lu everything he felt but that would be too cringey so he just told her what she had to know.

"Wang Yibo asked me if it would be fine for him to stay for a night. Cheng Xiao's parents will come later. He is going to meet her parents."

Xuan Lu's face turned worried, "They are serious about their ongoing relationship, huh. What's your plan?"

Xiao Zhan looked at Xuan Lu in horror. He snorted and rolled his eyes, "You really think I'm going to stop them? I am not going to do anything of course. It is their life anyway."

Xuan Lu, "You know the next step after meeting the parents is marriage. You're okay with that?"

Xiao Zhan looked at Xuan Lu seriously, "Let's just hope her parents wouldn't like Wang Yibo. There is no way I am going to make a scene and ruin someone's relationship just to be happy. After all, what is the point of having Wang Yibo if... he no longer likes me, right?"

Xuan Lu looked at Xiao Zhan for a while with worry and dismay but just nodded and no longer responded.

For Xiao Zhan, it is better to die single, with no one beside him as his other half, than to steal someone's man. Moreover, his neighbor whom he has no idea about her personal life. Just what if she is a daughter of some sort of rich businessman or is in a rich family that could hire someone to assassinate and silence him anytime he laid his hands on Wang Yibo.

If Wang Yibo wanted him, he would break up with Cheng Xiao himself and pursue him. It just happens that he was not worth the risk.