21

Roars and chants of the students filled the whole gymnasium that Xiao Zhan could feel his eardrums shaking. He covered his ears, his attention not leaving the absence of his neighbor. He didn't bother to do anything about it at all. What will he do? Stop the event and ask Wang Yibo why Cheng Xiao didn't come?

He just smiled thinly, his smile not reaching his eyes, and enjoyed the happiness his schoolmates are releasing at the moment.

Just almost an hour after when the whole dance was finished. He sat down as the people around him starts to calm down, some are even gasping for air after the screams they have let out.

Xuan Lu, who is standing beside him, turned to look at him and then sat beside him. She asked, "Are you okay?"

Xiao Zhan's brows raised and smiled, "No, I'm fine. I'm just tired. They did a good job, eh?"

Xuan Lu smiled and nodded, "As usual. This is such a nostalgic moment. Imagine, how our seniors must have felt when we performed the same dance. This must've been what they felt."

Xiao Zhan just flashed a smile and didn't reply. He was too tired and uncomfortable to do so. He just looked at the backs of the students in front of him and didn't say nothing. It is only when the gymnasium was empty. Xiao Zhan decided to stay, even Xuan Lu left him to congratulate her younger brother. He's is not mad, he was actually thankful for it.

He looked around to see tons of grabage scattered inside the gymnasium. He looked at his watch and saw it is already seven in the evening. The students must have been outside, on the grounds, having fun with concerts and... shit?

How can he forget about Wang Yibo's performance?

He immediately stood up and ran towards the open field that he almost tripped. Not minding the shortage of his breathing, he reached the open field not long after. Music were blasting, lights are dancing along the students who are enjoying the night. Xiao Zhan could never.

He looked at the stage and saw a band performing. They're done performing?

"Ah! Xiao Zhan!" He looked at the woman who called her.

Xuan Lu came to him and held his arms, "You're here! I thought you already left! Zhuocheng is buying some corndog. Wait, I'll tell him to buy one more."

Xiao Zhan held Xuan Lu's arms when the woman tried to leave, he made her turn back to him and asked, "Did Wang Yibo already perform?"

Xuan Lu looked at him, her smile starts to fade. She blinked for a while before she nodded, "Yeah. They just finished performing earlier before that band. I told you, you should've come with us."

Xiao Zhan snorted, "No need. I'm also a little tired. Can I crash to your house tonight?"

Xuan Lu's house is only block away from the university that sometimes, Xiao Zhan would rather sleep at Xuan Lu's than his apartment. Of course, a good friend she is, she nodded.

"You hungry? I can make you something to eat." Xuan Lu offered and guide Xiao Zhan to sit on the couch, "Are you okay? You look pale."

Xiao Zhan shakes his head, "I'm totally fine, Lu. Just a little tired."

Xuan Lu, "You can sleep in the guest room. I'll just inform mother and father you came and the guest room is occupied. Sleeping on the couch will just make your situation even worse."

Xiao Zhan nodded, "Thank you."

Xiao Zhan made his way to the guest room and lied down the bed. He sniffed, he thinks he is about to get sick. He looked around but his mind never processed whatever he is seeing. His mind was completely about Wang Yibo. Should he go and talk to him? Is he mature enough to tell Wang Yibo his feelings? Is he even worth it?