4

It was already seven in the morning when Xiao Zhan woke up from a slumber. He stretched his limbs and rolled off of his bed. He heard a silent buzz. He looked at his lamp table, picked up his phone and opened it. He saw Wang Yibo had messaged him just now and read it.

"Meet me at the usual place."

Xiao Zhan groaned and lay back down again. What is wrong with Wang Yibo? He hasn't brushed his teeth yet and that young lad already wants to meet him. Before he could cuss under his breath, he felt a tingly buzz from his phone.

He opened it again and saw Wang Yibo had messaged him another, "Wake up, oldie. I'm already here."

Xiao Zhan's forehead creases, What?

That's when he started scrolling and saw Wang Yibo had chatted with him thrice today. Two just now and one 30 minutes ago. He has been awake since six in the morning?!

All he could do is sigh, facepalm himself and moan out of annoyance. This boy does love draining him.

He stood up and lazily started preparing to meet Wang Yibo.

With a white shirt and shorts, hair still clearly wet and shuffled from a quick shower, and his phone, he headed out but just when he opened his door he met a girl with a yellow sundress on and a summer hat.

The fuck? Oh, the girl from next door.

"Oh, hi." The girl bowed.

That's when Xiao Zhan noticed the girl was holding another basket full of fruits.

He bowed, "Hi."

The girl looked at him and smiled. She pushed the basket with her one hand to Xiao Zhan's stomach, "The fruits were still too much. I just realized yesterday. I'd just give it to you. You can give this to your friends or anyone. Don't worry, I'm not an obsessed stalker. I just don't have anyone to give this to."

Xiao Zhan is indeed almost thinking this lady is obsessed with him but then it does make sense. They don't have any close neighbors, the closest one is about a mile away from them. He had no choice but to gladly receive them and smile at the girl in front of him, "Thank you. These are pretty ripe."

"Yeah. My parents own a vegetable garden. They really love gardening. Anyway, I have to go. I still have more things to do today. Have a good day." The woman bowed once again and slowly backed away and went off.

Xiao Zhan sighed and looked at the basket in his hands. The fruits in the basket from last night were too much for him. Having another one would simply make him fill up too much that his stomach could burst open or the fruits would simply rot in a corner of his kitchen.

I should give these to Yibo, he thought and went back inside as he thought holding a big basket is quite embarrassing. He went to the kitchen and put every fruit from the basket into a paper bag then headed off.

Xiao Zhan entered the coffee shop and saw Wang Yibo drinking a cup of macchiato. He cleaned up his shirt and eventually, walked towards the where the young boy is currently sipping on the coffee while waiting for his arrival.

Xiao Zhan placed the bag of fruits on the table in front of Wang Yibo and sat across from the said man.

Wang Yibo flinched when he heard the bag meet the table. His back straightened when he saw it was actually Xiao Zhan who interrupted his morning coffee.

"Impressive. It's new to see you sipping a coffee. What made you change your mind about them?" Xiao Zhan asked with a hint of sarcasm.

Wang Yibo rolled his eyes and sighed, "You're late. I also haven't eaten."