《TWO》

ワンピース

Everyone! Come get your dinner!"

You heard the shout of the crew's cook and whatever disappointment or loss was in luffy's eyes disappeared, his eyes sparkling like always before and all the people on the deck followed each other to the kitchen, noticing that nami and robin were already talking inside. The both of them got tired of hearing you and luffy keep on screaming or roaring too much.

You took your usual seat beside nami and chopper, clicking your spoon against your plate as sanji served you first. "Here you go, y/n-San." Ever the chivalry. You sigh at him, a smile touching at your lips.

"Thank you! This looks delicious." You honestly say, sanji always cooked good so it wasn't a surprise but he deserved the compliments.

He was a struck with a heart attack, almost tripping over had not zoro said something, starting a argument between them as he served the rest of his friends. He gave zoro the least, looking smug and bored as he did so.

you ate in silence, just hearing the others bickering. you slapped luffy's hand as it came close to your food and he frowned as you glared at him, pouting while he grumbled something.

your eyes jumped to his side, landing on zoro, peering at him as he took a sip of drink, a huge chunk, making his throat lump and your eyes followed as it disappeared down his neck. it was your turn to swallow now, clearing your throat as you picked your own glass to distract your reckless gazing pupils. just before that, zoro looked up, catching your gaze as he tilted his head in confusion.

your ear helix heated up, and you shook your head, waving a dismissing hand.

zoro only shrugged, back to his dinner while you payed attention to yours.

well, tried to.

《. . .》

It was the next day since dinner from last night were helping usopp and franky to repair a small damage at a spot on the ship.

"Over here!" You heard usopp yell and your head whipped to his direction, walking towards him after doing some final touches to a injured spot. You peered at the spot he was looking at, realizing it's another damage one but it's bigger and deeper than the rest.

"Thats a big one." You state, hands on your knees.

"Hm. We might need something else for that." He says.

He looked toward you in determination. "Go get me the metal plates."

You smiled, nodding at him. "AI!"

Putting down your stuff that was in your hands, you stride through the wood floor to the room where all the stuff were kept. Passing by franky who was fixing something else.

That's when your eyes caught on a flash of green. It was just a blink that Zoro was standing alone far away enough for you to see.

"Zoro!" You knew that voice.

Observing the scene in front of you, your feet halted as you saw luffy lunged himself forward towards Zoro, his arms going around his neck and his legs jumping up to wrap it around the swordsman's waist.

Zoro lost his balance for a hot moment, using the poll near him to support his weight and grumbling something in his deep voice you couldn't quite catch from this distance.

Luffy giggled at him as he peered down before propping himself down on his two feet again. None of that really surprised you much but you couldn't help but focus on the red tint on zoro's ears and his averting eyes not meeting luffy's.

You stiffened, a weird feeling stirring inside your gut. You knew what the feeling was though you didn't wanted to admit it, well you couldn't really tell who it was directed to.

You shake your head, ignoring the moment and continue in your search, your lips in a thin line for a reason.

Luffy was touchy with all the crew mates though the hugs he gave randomly were mostly to Zoro and you, You Guessed that it means he saw both of you in a different way but it felt wrong to assume that. You felt a little weird imagining you were someone's special person, even though it would put a smile on you at the prompt.

Opening the door, you switched open a light, coughing slightly at the dust hanging in the air. Squinting your eyes, you look around. You didn't really spot a box With kept metal plates. Frowning you decide to fiddle through piles of navel engineering related, not finding usopp's requested item.

Retreating back you open the door again to leave though you planned to but instead you were collided with a hard surface, a gasp escaped you as you toppled backwards in shock and your feet slipped, your eyes closing shut tight for the painful impact to hit you.

It was a brief second that you realized you were supported up with someone's arm around your waist, preventing your body to experience the not needed impact. Impulsively your hands reached forward, coming in a grip with a soft clothing and you opened your wide eyes, jumping around the blissful person saving you.

That's when you realized who the person was, it was of course none other than Zoro.

Gratefully sighing, your fingers tightened on his shirt, meeting his slight wide eyes as if he couldn't believe it was you standing against him.

"Phew. Thank you." You breathed out, heart starting to calm down until you just saw how close the two of you were. your heart skipped a beat.

He tilted his head, his earrings making a click sounds and your attention diverted to his beautiful accessory. His arm around you tightened, pulling you closer and you weren't sure if that was just you hallucinating at this point. You certainly wouldn't be surprised if you did.

"That was a surprise." He muttered, holding your eyes with intensity.

"Uh." You words ceased in themselves, not sure what to say. "It's a surprise seeing you here too." You let out, internally cringing and slapping yourself.

One side of his lips pulled up in a amusement at your answer. "Is it?"

Uh- now you generally had no idea how to answer that.

Zoro's gaze betrayed his senses, flicking Down your parted lips trying to come up with something to say.

His arm retreated back, the warmth gone from your back and a chill seeped inside your shirt, your palm rubbing one of your elbow to produce heat. You didn't had to say much because he only patted your shoulder once before giving you one last glance and disappearing after the door as you followed, trying to refresh your brain as you swallowed to remember what you were doing and getting past what just happened.

Oh right, the metal plates!

You hurriedly ran to usopp to tell him you couldn't find them and he only sighed at you, reassuring you that he could handle it. You only flinched at yourself, teeth clenching as you felt guilty and useless. It wasn't a big deal but you couldn't help it. You usually overthink in the most unimportant topics.

 You usually overthink in the most unimportant topics