《EIGHTEEN》

ワンピース

Later that day when luffy had woken up, he was much more energetic though his eyes were a little puffy, a bit red but ignoring that, he dragged the whole crew to find grey's mom

Which we did.
And she thought we kidnapped her son.
She started attacking us. Not listening.
Grey was enjoying the scene just to see Zoro struggle but some glares from you shut him up and then finally he went back to his mother to explain the situation.

Except for Luffy's proud grin, no one really cared. They were at last happy to get rid of that salty sea creature. Internally, you were also. His voice was way to screechy to listen to but you guess you felt almost a little empty. Almost.

After that, everyone had decided to stop at a island, due to the shortage of our food supply and coal.

"Luffy! Don't you dare get lost!" Nami shouts, her anger reflecting towards him as the captain jumps down the ship, already starting to wander around the island.

He ignores her, laughing loudly, probably heard around the whole island. This time though, you are all aware of Nami being more concerned than raging anger. Half the crew is now more easy on luffy after he woke up, Sanji giving him more food, chopper asking about his health a lot more, Brooke offering for a comfort music to be played, Robin inviting him to read her book to him, nami hitting him a lot less while you are and Zoro go around carrying him a lot.

Sure that's a little like babying him but can't help it but aside from that, you and zoro are left behind on the thousand sunny for watch out -mainly because you requested Zoro to train you and this was a good opportunity-

《...》

"Take care, y/n, zoro!" Chopper concerns, striding off with robin and nami towards the market. Your heart warms.

"Take care yourself too!" You say back, passing them a smile as they leave. Robin smiles at you then looking back to pass that to zoro also.

You turn around. "Ok then, about that training..." You drag out, hopefully looking at him.

His wrist rests on his hilt as he motions you to take a simple sword from the top of the barrel. You frown. "Why can't I have one of your own?"

Zoro frowns his brows. "You can't handle them." He confidently speaks.

Your eyes widen, feeling a little offended but you scoff it away. "Maybe I should support sanji slandering you." You are half joking and half serious at the moment.

"That's a another annoying person to deal with." He jokes, standing in front of you as you take a stance along with him.

"You know, I don't fight with swords but I feel like I would need it."

He hums, peering at you as if waiting for something.

"What?"

"What do you mean 'what'? Come on, get started." He says, leaving you to be frozen in confusion.

"We are not fighting head on?"

He sighs, already feeling a little exhausted. "No. Like you said, you are not suited to handle a sword, yet alone sparing with me."

"Oh."

Your lips hesitate though you clear your throat, feeling awakward. "So I just...show you what I can do?"

"Uh-huh." Zoro tilts his head, looking around the sky before landing his eyes on you again. You shift, shuffling your feet into a comfortable position and with a sharp exhale, you swing the sharp blade in the air, cutting it in a whoosh.

"How was that?" You beam, gazing at him for a hopeful compliment.

His eyes are calculating for a moment, then lids going limp again. "Not bad but there's too much pressure in just the first strike." Zoro utters, walking closer to you, just by your side.

"Here." His fingers brush against yours as he adjusts them in the middle of the hilt instead of the top, all focus on your problems while you sense your eyes to catch on with his face profile close to yours.

Focus

"Y/n." He gets your attention. You half jump, feeling stupid before nodding at him, firmly griping the sword back in your hand. "Right...apply less pressure."

Though when you strike the air again, your breath is exhaling a little quicker, meaning your energy is still used to much. When you do it again, the air is not split in half, neither you hear a whoosh when you swing it lightly.

"Relax your shoulders." Zoro guides.

Your shoulder blades drop.

"Don't stir your breathing."

You nod.

"Release the tension in your muscles."

"But then it's not that powefu-."

"You will learn eventually." He interruptes, then adding, "If you can't swing a sword like it's second nature then you are not sparing with me."

"Yea I am not so thrill on that idea anymore." You let out, laughing drly but shutting up when he gives you a piercing look.

"Again." And again, again. You are not even sure where you are tensing and applying pressure which blocks your victory to this perfect strike of a sword but it's been a while and you are sweating a bit.

should have just gone with robin, you think in despair.

"I don't know where the fuck I am applying pressure." You finally confess then saying. "But I do know I wasn't this bad the last time I touched a sword."

"You sure?"

...

"No."

Zoro sighs, then it's so strange that he is smiling when creeping closer, placing his hands on your shoulder to slightly hunch you down. Your eyes are frozen as you let him do as he wants.

Zoro grips your elbow, leaning you a bit straight before lightly touching your thighs to indicate you to stand up straight. You oblige, standing straigter and trying not to lose it over him handling you.

Focus-
That's a long term fairytale at this point.

Focus- That's a long term fairytale at this point