《SIXTEEN》

ワンピース

Zoro's hands are on the door knob but he looks back, a tilt of his head

Zoro's hands are on the door knob but he looks back, a tilt of his head. "Anything else?"

You hesitate again, mouth almost stumbling. Do you need anything else? The answer is at the tip of your tongue. You want to sleep too. "No, it's fine."

He leaves. Despite, Your stomach tightens in a odd feeling. Moving on, you pay attention to the current situation. "Luffy." You try for the last time.

Nothing.

Signing, you move yourself, sliding on the floor and back meeting the cold wall. You shiver once. Luffy's grip loosens but you bring his form a little higher so he is sitting in your lap. He doesn't seem to notice at first but a few seconds later his hands are empty, clutching empty air before shifting himself, tilting his body and placing his legs on your left thigh, winding his arms around neck. His side brushes your chest. You fight back a smile.

Your elbow comes up to his face, wiping the cold drops of sweat on his skin with your sleeve. He doesn't stir the bit. Eyes still closed, Luffy's lips part open to release one last breath. He is still asleep but his body moves on its own, rubbing himself on you deeper. A shiver disturbs him.

Guessing he is cold, you snatch the blanket that's just by you on the patient bed, striking the air with it before wrapping it fully around his body. Luffy's throat lets out a pleased sound.

You feel tired yourself. Maybe its mentally because you can run a marathon right now but motivation has left you, leaving you with sad thoughts. Just by looking at his small form you are frowning, wanting to reverse his pain. You don't ever want to witness that ever again.

But despite your road of thinking, you are wondering just how many times luffy has been getting nightmare?

This is the first time all of you noticed. Does that mean it's the first time? Or he was just much more quieter before? You really don't want the latter one to be true.

At that moment, when he was gasping for air, hand clutching his chest, you had wanted to comfort him badly but how? Could you have comforted the most brightest person you have ever met? How many time had luffy made you happy? Multiple times, that you don't even have a count on it but-

How many times have you made him happy or comfort him? Just because he smiles all day, you cant believe you ever thought how he can be broken inside. Of course he is, when luffy cries, you want to break Down with him. Your captain Is emotionally strong too and that's what keeps you all going but when he is like that, all your composure breaks, heart breaking in pieces and knees wobbling.

A tear slides down your cheek. Your arms tighten around him, shielding him from the rest world. You want to do that. Want to be strong for your friends.

The memory of what he said sinks in your head. You are staring at him again.
"You are not weak." You whisper out.

Exhaustion clamps down your eyes and muscles relax, your lips come in contact with the top of his head, kissing it lightly before darkness itself covers your Vision with sleep overtaking your senses.

( . . .)

The first knock on the door awakens you, eyes snapping open and head jerking up though your lids are swiftly closed when the sun rays block your vision.
Tilting your head, you try to look to the side, coming in blurry vision with a large frame who invited itself in the room. "Did I woke you up?" The voice is deep, a little rough. You immediately recognize him.

"No shit Zoro." You mutter out, rubbing your fist on your eyes.

Something shifts against you and shoulders stiffen and frozen, they only relax once being familiar with luffy's face. Somehow, he has moved around so his legs are just around your waist, and chest firmly pressed with yours because of his hands still around your neck. Your legs are crossed under you, making him sit more comfortably.

Fuck. You can just feel your neck muscles sore already but you stay like that nonetheless, noticing your own arms circling all over him, your hold more fixed than his but you guessed he is asleep so you wouldn't know what else to expect.

Suddenly, there is a presence right by you. A gasp comes out of your mouth at Zoro's closeness and with your head abruptly turning towards his direction, he sucks in a short gasp, eyes avoiding to gaze at your tongue sliding on your bottom lip. He clears his throat, rather looking at his captain instead.

Zoro's eyes warms without knowing. His hand comes up to gently brush away his messy hair, fingers meeting warm skin before he is pulling away.

"Guess I should just wake up then." You mumble, letting go of your hold then realizing you were figuring out how to step away from Luffy's hold.
"Could you hold him for a bit so I can go and wash up?" You add.

Zoro makes a approved sound, now kneeling completely and prying Luffy's hands off your neck. Zoro's hands pauses The slightest when he whimpers in his throat just the smallest amount and then going back to fully Haul him up.

"He is one clingy human." You let out, lowly groaning when your hand massages around the back of your neck, feeling the skin muscle release their tension.

"That's expected of him." Zoro jokes. You realize he is smiling softy, his guard down just the bit to not intimate the straw hat boy.

When his weight is finally off you, you are stretching and getting up with great trouble, viewing luffy's legs prop up and go around the side of Zoro's waist now, hugging him like a koala.

You snort. "I told you."

Zoro chuckles, one of his arm raised up awkwardly so luffy can freely cling himself.

He couldn't say he minded it.