《THIRTEEN》

ワンピース

Right next day, you remembered him pulling you in one store to another, picking up food neither of you could play for

Right next day, you remembered him pulling you in one store to another, picking up food neither of you could play for. Now at that moment, your feelings were different. You felt exhausted, sweating nervously while walking homeless and luffy's enthusiastic jumps and runnings were so hard to keep track of.

It wasn't so enjoyable being with him then but you guess you had better get used to it. Later that afternoon, luffy had came back from his search tour, striding you with him towards the pirate hunter he finally encountered.

Though you had a surprise when you saw him tied up, hanging low against a strong wood. A black clothing covered his head and just above his eyes, dry blood still on his face. You winced at his image, clutching luffy's elbow tighter. His eyes darted towards you for a second, blinking.

"So he's zoro, huh...?" You hummed.

"Looks to me those ropes are easy to break." His eyes go over the ones binding the pirate hunter.

Your head whips toward his direction. "What if you free him and he kills you?!" You whisper-shout, panicking internally. You knew you weren't fit for these adventures.

That changed later on.

You almost shriek behind luffy's back when zoro's head rises up, his attention diverting straight to the both of you.

"Could you please...come over here and untie me." His breath shakes but his voice remains commanding. "I' ve been tied up for 9 days and i am exhausted." He adds gruffly.

His tone is completely different from luffy's. While luffy's is a little more childish and young, this man over there is entirely deep and a little scary at the edges. You really don't feel like this is a good idea.

Of course that also changed later on.

"He is smiling.." you state, without knowing your feet creeps behind luffy's back just the slightest. He notices and while giving you a reassuring smile, his hand comes on top of your head in pat.

"Don't worry. If he tries to kill me, i will just beat him up and if he tries to kill you, he is dead." Luffy voices.

At that moment, you clearly remember your heart had stopped, gained wings and fluttered up your throat.

Still laying on your bed in the present, you can't help but grin widely, stifling a giggle at the memory. Its been years and for some strange reason, it feels as though it happened yesterday.

Your past self's blood boils, warmth creeping in your cheeks and you quietly reply with a breathy thank you, losing some of your nervousness. Maybe it won't be so bad.

And of course, it wasn't. Not one bit.

Walking closer, you and luffy were about to untie his ropes before he makes a offer.
"If i untie you, you will have to join my crew." He grins.

Zoro's eyes narrow. "A pirate crew?...and what if i don't?"

Luffy shrugs, fingers getting on with the ropes and your own hands follows behind. "I can't force you."

"I have a dream to fulfill you know." Zoro says, releasing a breath when one of his arm frees. His eyes dart towards you, not even giving you much notice before looking back to luffy.

Rude.

"I have one too! And i need a first mate. Join me to the sea!"

"Tch. I already said i am not joining you. I have things to finish up first."

~zoro indeed did join luffy~

After the troublesome encounter with the little girl and helmeppo, very pathetic boy. Annoying too.

And to add on, nami was also met along when the three of you set to sea on a small boat and being broke and starving, finding food was much more trouble. Eating sky birds didn't work. It legit took luffy to nami, crashing his body in front of her while she was running away after stealing a map. Maybe that's why they fight a lot.

Of course, going after luffy, and getting into another problems.

At one point, Zoro was a little exhausted and having a bleeding stomach didn't help him and he continued to stop a another random attacker. You had noticed and enough of feeling useless, you grabbed the first thing you found. Enough force, you bashed the wooden plate on the back of the attacker's head, startling him into gasping and falling straight on the ground.

Zoro's shoulders dropped, looking at the head bleeding human and then back at you.

"I can't believe i killed someone..." you mutter out, feeling a little horrified but also a little powerful.

Zoro however, flashed his teeth, giving you a impressed grin while sheathing away his swords.
"You arn't so bad after all." He praises.

Despite your morals, your eyes lits up. "Really? You think so?"

His pupils roll in a full circle. "Thats what i said."

A grin also splits on your face, eyes dancing. "Teach me!"

And that is how you growed out to be physically strong while you learned marshal arts during your time in the 2years separated from your friends.

Nami later started travelling with you guys until it she was officially a straw hat member when meeting Usopp. After that, it was so much more more fights.

You are still circling over zoro and your training. At first, you have never really trained before and every other day, your whole muscles would be so sore. It was worse when zoro was seeming leas interested in training you but after seeing him manage out a full battle on his own, your motivation grew. You even practiced at night, kicking and punching the air, pretending its your laziness you are trying to kill.

Then the other day, when zoro witnessed you take on groups of marines by yourself, his palm would make contact with your shoulder.

"You did good. You should be proud." He had said and you had blushed inside while heat occupied your face.

Clutching your blanket closer, your eyes darted to the little scars on your fist, signs of skin tearing up or from roughly punching in hard material.

For zoro's proud praises, you thought it was worth it.