《TWELVE》

ワンピース

You desperately need to know if there is a way to control your mind as it as or else, no sleep whatsoever today and after

You desperately need to know if there is a way to control your mind as it as or else, no sleep whatsoever today and after. The shutters thrash against the glass as soon as you think. You scoff.

Trying to think of good thoughts, it was not much trouble surprisingly, probably because it was about your crew. There memories were always serotonin and just so energeticly happy that you couldn't help but smile to yourself, looking off the distance, your parents and the most precious little kid a now a long fairytale.

You remember the day your eyes first were set on them, well, luffy was the first one you saw, and then slowly he told you about getting zoro to join the both of you. Then came nami and usopp, then slowly, the whole crew was formed. You were there from the very start but having zoro to be the more stronger one, he later came to be luffy's right hand man.
First of all: unfair-

Second of all: you don't mind, rather avoid all the responsibilities. (Which are practically none you just realized.)

This was okay, thinking about your friends was more than a serotonin to you, every time a another smile would add up on your lips after a frown. They didn't fail this time too.

Grinning, your head presses deeper against the pillow, heart warming up along with your skin and you are thinking about the first time you met your captain. He was drowning by the shore, the sea deep enough to even have that part affective to devil fruit users. His little boat was there too, floating without a guide and rocking back and forth on the waves.

Your eyes had caught to them, brows frowning and lips twisted in a confused frown. Before you know, your feet jumped on the Floor, running helplessly towards them for any aid you could provide. If the boy with the straw hat was struggling so much, he is definitely a devil fruit user. Not surprising, at this point in population, who isn't going to be a devil fruit user.

"Thank you! Thank you!" He had gasped out repeatedly, a hand around your shoulder from the moment you lunged him out of the water.

"I thought I was going to die!" His voice is loud, a little almost a child like along with his face but it all changed when his lips broke apart, pearly teeth pulling wide to stretch into a grateful grin he gave you.

Your feet had stuttered then, lips parted open at the amusement in his eyes and the sun filled kindness in his laugh. It stayed in your head the whole time you dragged him with you forward to your resting place which was a stable. Yes, he did complained about the smell but at least he resisted on saying anything on you.

He introduced himself as luffy, a simple name but it felt so right on him. Like a blossoming sunflower.

"I am gonna be the king of the pirates!"

Your eyes wandered wide, frozen form till he shaked you at the trance of his big dream. King of the pirates? He literlly almost drowned had you not come there.

"You! Join my crew!" He had announced, looking at you hopefully.

This was more surprising. "I just met you." Your eyes narrowed.

He blinks. "You are nice person. I like you." He confessed.

Though your heart fluttered at the praise, you declined at first. Big mistake. If luffy was anything, it's being stubborn.

The whole day then he would follow you around, hidding there and here when few other workers would pass by. Then when you gave him a plate of food out of pity, immediately after finishing it, his body lunged forward, trapping your form in a tight pressing hug. His arms were warm, his presence warmer than anybody elses you had encountered. That moment; a smile formed, two fits of arm wrapped around him gently, drinking in his comfortable aura.

After that, every little thing he did, you would catch yourself looking at him or trying to find his black hair, feeling a strange comfort whenever you did. You weren't sure if it was possible, you were getting attached so easily to his heart full giggles and just generally his sun kissed smile.

The next day, you had panicked when he blabbed about how he found a another boat to set Sail and find the next person he was looking for. You saddened, not joining in his excitement. Should you go? You asked yourself and the answer was there when the stable owner bursted open.

"There's a pirate in here!" He accused, growling at no one before marching towards the both of you, officially kicking you out.

You have been panicked before but now, you have no home, a job, any body to talk to and no place to just sleep.

"Hey." Luffy slightly shaked your shoulder, hesitating. "You can still come with me. It's my fault at the first place."

And that kids, is how you joined the straw hats.

you had no choice.