1

Bitch I'm back on popular demand.

London, England ~ Ava's POV

I sat comfortably in the black executive swivel chair opposite my father with my boot-clad feet crossed over his desk. I patiently watched as he sorted through a few files before finally lifting his head slightly to acknowledge my presence.

I didn't fail to notice the dark bags under his blue eyes. He looked like he hadn't slept a wink in months. I knew being the Boss of the most powerful mafia in the world was hectic, but I hadn't thought it would be enough to make him resemble the undead.

"When was the last time you slept for at least more than half an hour?" I demanded before any words could escape his lips.

"Hmm." He made a show of pausing to think about it, "That would be the night before I realised, that I would soon have to step down and leave this mafia in the hands of that nobody."

So the answer was clearly, 'never'.

The 'nobody' he mentioned was my half-brother, Henry Smirnov. He was the result of one of our late mother's flings when my father was in a coma twenty-seven years ago.

To my father, Henry was a liability. One that should have never been given the chance to exist. He was a constant living reminder of our late mother's infidelity and to top it off, was really bad at the family business.

I on the other hand, had everything it took to be the next Queen except being the first-born child of the then bosses.

"The reason I called you here, is for a last-minute kill." My father's voice interrupted my thoughts.

I let out a small chuckle and then smirked. I literally saw this coming. I put on an 'I'm listening' expression as my interest piqued. This was my job, my life. This was me.

I had been trained to deceive, seduce, torture, and assassinate. I was the perfect killing machine, and I wasn't ever going to deny that I loved it. The loading of guns and rifles, pressing of triggers, aiming and throwing of knives, beating the hell out of an enemy, and the lovely sight of someone else's blood spilt by my own actions. It excited me to no end, the thrills, chills, kills and spills.

"One of our drug dealers decided to go rogue. He smuggled a million's worth of narcotics and is holding a meeting tonight to plan his next move. I want him and everyone else at the meeting dead by sunrise."

"Name?" My fingers glided over the case covering my favourite weapon. I had it strapped to my thigh, a beautiful pure gold dagger my father had gifted me right after birth.

"William Peterson."

I walked in on the rest of the Shade relaxing in a lounge on the west wing. The enormous mansion had been divided into three; west wing, for the ruler, his gang, and their families. East and north wings, for all the other members of the mafia, and the south wing, for the maids, maidservants, cooks, drivers, pilots, basically the people who worked for my family but didn't do mafia.

The Shade comprised the people I grew up with, and me as its leader. Eleanor Jane Carter, normally referred to as Ellie, was my second in command. She had the darkest brown shade of hair I'd ever seen, and steel blue eyes. She was also my closest friend in the gang.

Elliot Christopher Carter, better known as Eli, her twin brother, was the hacker. He had dark brown hair and grey eyes. He was usually the reserved one in the gang, and doubled as a tracker. Leroy James Anderson, my bodyguard, had brown eyes and jet-black hair. Although hired by my father for my personal protection, he extended his duties to the entire gang when he could. My brother, Henry, was also present.