11

Queens don't compete with hoes.

London, England ~ Ava's POV

The day was here. The day I was to get engaged to Leonardo.

I had mixed feelings about the whole thing. I was looking forward to it because the union came with power and influence twice what I already had. It was also my ticket to becoming the Queen of the English mafia.

On the other hand, I felt guilty about agreeing to the union. It broke Leroy. He threatened to resign as my bodyguard if I went through with it. He just wouldn't understand that there was nothing I could do now after I had already signed the contract.

"I got the gowns and make up." Ellie barged into my room carrying an array of shopping bags.

"I'm not wearing the latter." I blurted out with a scowl.

She knew I hated wearing makeup. I preferred plain natural beauty.

"Oh, come on. It's your engagement, and you won't be having a wedding. This might be the only opportunity I'll get to doll you up." She answered, laying out each dress on my bed.

Surprisingly, she found a way to make room for everything, including the make-up products. When she was done, I used a hand to shove all the products unto the floor.

"I'm seriously not wearing them."

"We'll see." She muttered, restacking them unto my bed.

Oh, we'll see alright. When she turned to pick up the first dress, I hauled the products out the window, and dropped a hand grenade after them. The sound of a mild explosion, brought a contented smirk to my face and an annoyed look on hers.

"Those were crazy expensive, Ava."

"Dresses anyone?" I replied, suddenly really excited to try on one of the pretty gowns.

I got dressed in a strapless red evening dress that reached mid-thigh. It hugged my curves nicely and came with a detachable train. Ellie had finished styling my hair when Henry and Eli arrived, panting like they had just sprinted five miles. It was funny because they never went anywhere on foot.

"We got the perfect ring." Eli announced.

They what?!

"You what?!"

"Eli told us that you weren't getting a ring from Leonardo, so we ordered one for you." Henry replied.

I let out a sigh, and shook my head. I inspected them, searching for any sign of a ring, but even their pockets were ironed flat.

"Where's the ring?" I enquired.

"You'll get it when we get there." Eli replied mischievously, then left.

Henry and I waited for Ellie to finish arranging the remaining gowns in my closet before we left together. I descended the spiralling staircase to see Eli and Leroy waiting for us. I was shocked to see Leroy because he had made it very clear that he wasn't showing up.

He looked hot in a dark blue Armani suit, and looking at him gave me second thoughts about the union. I did feel something for him, but I wasn't sure if I loved him that much to cancel the marriage.

We locked eyes, both of us speechless as we conveyed our emotions wordlessly. He wasn't ready to accept all this, but he was going to try for me. He was my bodyguard, and it'd remain that way.

Without breaking eye contact, he reached into his suit and brought out a small velvet red box. My eyes stayed transfixed on him, as he opened it to reveal a simple black diamond ring. My breath got caught in my throat, it was really pretty, and I was glad to hear that he had picked it.