24

Blood makes you related, but loyalty makes you family.

Unknown Location ~ 3rd Person's POV

The English, Spanish, and Italian mafias were in a frenzy. Word had spread like wildfire about the missing heir. Men from each of the three mafias and a few from Russia, combed the ocean surrounding Leonardo's island to no avail.

"They've found the jet." The Italian Don announced after he got off the phone with his right hand.

"Where?" Federico asked.

"It was somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. It's in a really bad shape, and upon inspection, seemed to have been blown out of the sky. Whatever went down, it was deliberate." He replied.

"What about the little fireball and her bodyguard?" The Spanish Don questioned.

"Neither have been found, but there were the remains of a lady with brunette hair." He answered.

Federico sighed deeply, walking out of the office for somewhere more private so he could think. What if they never found her?

It had been more than twenty-four hours since her disappearance, anything could have happened to her. She might not even be alive. He felt like breaking down at the mere thought, but he needed to be strong for her.

Henry had taken matters into his own hands. He decided to leave everything and help in the search for his sister and Leroy. Even though he didn't see eye to eye with his stepfather, he cherished his sister as she was the only person who genuinely adored him. Leroy was also his closest friend in the gang; therefore he owed him that much.

He had the feeling that they was still alive, but he wasn't sure if they was safe. He wasn't ever going to give up searching for them. He had decided to start with where the Italians had found her jet. He had gone by his helicopter, deciding it would be more efficient to pilot it himself.

When he came across a small heart shaped island and saw smoke rising from it, he decided to check it out. He landed the chopper, got off and rushed forward in the direction of the smoke. His heart raced as he noticed a figure huddled over a well-lit fire.

"Roy?"

Unknown Location ~ Ava's POV

My eyes immediately adjusted to the darkness as I slowly gained consciousness. I was alive, but how?

I remembered vividly how I had given up hope as water rushed into my lungs, suffocating me. However, I couldn't seem to remember how I had ended up in the depths of the ocean anyway. When I tried to recollect what went down after my jet took off, my head begun to ache so I cleared my thoughts, deciding to put a pin in it for now.

I made a move to stand up, but I was pulled down sharply. Any such movement was impossible. My hands were shackled around a long metal pole in the middle of a small room.

I looked at my feet to see my ankles bound tightly together by ropes. My trousers no longer covered my legs, they had been cut haphazardly to reach mid-thigh.

I wondered how long it had been since I was taken, and if my father was alright. Who was I kidding?

It was likely that he'd become more miserable than usual. Whoever had taken me captive could be the same person who had been trying to kill me. I strongly doubted we were dealing with more than one mastermind here.

The creak of an opening door, and the sound of footsteps approaching put me on high alert. I heard the flick of a switch right before the room got illuminated, blinding me for a second.