49

You exist only for me; I exist only for you. A world for only two, just like this, forever.

Canterbury, England ~ Ava's POV

Kenneth had straight up refused Vladimir's offer, but had given us information anyway. Apparently, he had a feeling that we'd kill him anyway. Bratva was actually known for their dishonesty with other mafias.

Maddison was supposed to have arrived in Oxford today so she could send a text to the Boss by tonight. Which was why I convinced Bella to leave us for my safehouse in Oxford. There, she'll use Maddison's phone to contact the Boss. This was in case; he'd want her to send him a live location.

Kenneth himself was to be in Oxford by tomorrow so he could contact the Boss when the sun went down. If there wasn't a change of plans, the three were to meet up at the pub the day after tomorrow. Before Vladimir could go ahead to kill him, he spoke up again.

"I'm counting on you to lose this battle." He stated too confidently.

"And why would that be?" I enquired with a slightly raised eyebrow.

"Anthony Williams should never be underestimated, and that was your first mistake." He said.

"We'll be sure to keep that in mind." Vladimir replied before he switched the gun in his hand for the branding iron. "Ayana." He called out to me.

I knew immediately what he wanted. I took out a knife and cut off Kenneth's shirt so Vlad could brand his chest. I told Vlad not to kill him yet, he'd ride with us to Oxford instead. If anything went wrong, Kenneth could be used as leverage.

I called one of my men in the city to get us a car, Isabella had left with the one we had. He arrived with the car in less than an hour, and helped Vlad to move Kenneth's tied up body into the rear of the car. I packed up a few snacks for the road before we left.

Oxford, England ~ Ava's POV

When we arrived, Bella had already made dinner. I picked a room to freshen up in before heading back for the kitchen. I shook my head at Vlad who was dragging Ken in by the leg. Could the man be anymore heartless?

I helped Isabella to set the table. She had prepared beef stroganoff with a side of buttered egg noodles. I showed her where the drinks were kept, and she picked out a bottle of Syrah wine. It was perfect for a peppery stroganoff. We waited for Vlad to join us in the kitchen before we begun eating.

"Why is Kenneth here?" Isabella enquired, taking a sip of her wine.

"Something tells me we aren't going to get of easy this time." I replied, taking a look at a quiet Kenneth in the lounge.

So he's leverage." Isabella said.

"Exactly." I replied.

"We have a whole day to ourselves tomorrow before we meet up with Anthony, how are we spending it?" Vlad asked.

"We can debate on who gets to kill Anthony." I replied.

The Boss who kills Anthony, gets to take over his entire mafia. His inner gang wouldn't be a problem since we'd dealt with that already.

"You've got the Spanish and Russian mafia, Ava. An Italian American mafia would be nice."

What the...

I almost choked on beef when I heard the Russian part. Vladimir noticed and passed a glass of water over to me. I had to take a gulp before I was capable of thanking him. My situation served as some sort of amusement to my cousin and it annoyed the hell out of me.