29

Trust gets you killed, love gets you hurt, and being real gets you hated.

Madrid, Spain ~ Leonardo's POV

I waited for Ava to enter and close the door behind her. I had called a meeting in my study concerning the mafia. The ball was twenty-eight days from now, and I had to ensure that we remained at the top. So far, the only thing we'd accomplished was merging with the English, and killing two members of Bratva.

Miguel had raised his concerns about why the Russian mafia hadn't retaliated yet. It was either the deceased were useless to them, or they were just biding their time for when it was opportune.

The introduction of Cami's weapons at the ball could grant us the recognition and respect we were after, but Ava clearly expressed that no such thing should occur. Cami's weapons would remain a secret as it gave us an advantage over the other mafias.

The thing was, we needed to get our heads back in the game quickly. Our mafias were now one, meaning if the Spanish mafia dropped in rank, we might go down taking the English mafia with us. That would cost us a lot of money and power.

I began the meeting by asking Henry for a rundown of whatever happened in the English mafia while Ava and I were in the Philippines.

"After you left, I managed to convince the Italian Donna to clear her schedule to help run things. She got the new recruits fully trained and ready for pending work. She successfully opened up new trade routes for our drugs into Northern and Eastern Africa. She even saw to the successful completion and grand opening of the clubs, casinos and hotels budgeted for." He rattled on.

The Italian Donna. I had never had the pleasure of meeting her in person. She hadn't been with her husband on his short stay in Madrid to help find Ava. I acknowledged Henry with a nod, and turned my attention to Miguel.

"Before, as a result of the frequent disappearances in the weapon supply, we had to halt production. Camilla was also too occupied to create new designs. After we busted the weapon thieves, we decided to switch to a more secure artificial security system and pull out the guards assigned there. Vittoria closed a contract with both the Russian and Ukrainian governments. We need to begin production again, the weapons in storage are depleting by the second."

We didn't only supply the mafia, we supplied governments or monarchs of countries as well. However, it was on the condition that their police force stayed out of our business. It was a mutual agreement. I noticed the twins and Henry's eyes widen in shock during Miguel's speech. Ava was her usual calm and collected self. I was aware she already knew about it, but why didn't Henry?

"I didn't know we supplied governments also." Ellie broke the silence.

"Now you do, and it'd be better for us all that it doesn't leave this room." Camilla answered sternly.

Ava stood up from where she sat on my desk to address them herself.

"It seems like England is doing just fine, but there's still more to be done. For now, we'll focus on Spain. Divide and conquer would be best in this situation. Miguel, Ellie and Henry, I need you guys to return to London to run things. The rest of us will stay behind to get the Spanish mafia back in the game. There's no way we're dropping in rank." She concluded.

They all answered with a slight nod. The three chosen stood up then left. There was no time to waste.

"Camilla, see to it that production begins immediately. The English mafia will continue to fund, and then we'll start distribution. Eli, I need you to get me a list of all the organizations we work with and their periodic demands." She continued.