46

Revenge is a dish that tastes better when served cold.

London, England ~ Vladimir's POV

I entered the conference room with a blank expression and pulled an empty chair to take a seat. The same question was on everyone's lips, and I took my time waiting for one of them to spit it out.

"Where's the Boss?" Isabella finally did.

"Don't know."

That wasn't entirely a lie. The last I saw her was when she bolted out the door I had opened for her, looking like nothing but a hot mess.

The meeting did not commence until the 'Boss' walked in. Dressed in a black mini dress and thigh high boots, she walked menacingly towards us to take the seat directly opposite me.

She had on an expression that said, 'No one should ask me shit about my whereabouts.' Miguel only shook his head at the situation, clearly amused, and asked Jeremy to fill us in.

Apparently Jeremy was only for back up. By Friday all the other members of Nightshade should have arrived in England. The third-in-command was to go to Cambridge, the second-in-command to Canterbury, then both will meet up with the Boss at Oxford. And yes, it was the pubs they'd targeted. They weren't supposed to communicate until each had finished their taking their kill and arrived in Oxford.

"Is there any specific place in Oxford they're all supposed to meet at." Bella enquired.

"Yes, the last pub. Where they'll take the last kill and wait for any of the other bosses to come to them. We've placed clues in the other three counties which would force your bosses to come to England." Jeremy answered.

Of course they had. Anthony wanted to take all four of us out at once. Well we were going to give him what he wanted alright, but not in the way that he'd expect it.

"That's about just enough. You'll stay here with our hacker, out of sight while the rest of us get the job done." Ayana said then walked out. I guessed the meeting was over then.

"That's her way of saying, 'Go pack your stuff, we're leaving for Cambridge.'" Isabella's words were directed at me.

I gave her a brief nod, and left for my own room. Tomorrow was Friday, and the third-in-command was to kill an innocent by Saturday night. Jeremy had showed us clear pictures of her, Maddison Jones, so that we wouldn't have to go on a wild goose chase.

Cambridge, England ~ Vladimir's POV

The drive from London to Cambridge was a pretty long one. Isabella had insisted on driving, and Ayana had taken the passenger seat, leaving me all alone in the backseat. This definitely wasn't how I'd imagined things would go down. It was either I'd be the driver with Ayana next to me, or we'd both be in the back. But we all don't get what we want.

Or do we?

When Isabella made a long awaited stop so we could refresh ourselves, I took it as an opportunity. When Ayana had gotten back into the passenger seat, I offered to drive the rest of the way and Bella agreed. Ayana's expression gave nothing away as she watched me get into the driver's seat and rev the engine.

Following the directions she gave me. I drove us over to another safehouse. This one was more of a mansion. It's walls were mostly glass, something I wouldn't be comfortable living in. At least it was secluded.

"Please tell me that all that glass is bulletproof." I said, while the women got down to unpack.

Isabella dropped a large suitcase on the ground and zipped it open. Let's just say it lacked clothes. She took out a rifle, loaded it, and went off on the glass walls on the safehouse.