20

Don't get mad when I pull a you, on you.

Private Island, Philippines ~ Ava's POV

I groggily sat up, exhausted and sore all over. Memories of last night flooded me as I realised that I wasn't alone on the unfamiliar bed. Light snores drew my attention to Leonardo who was asleep on his side, facing me.

He did it, he actually fucked me till the daylight. I decided to leave before he got up, but the door was locked. I turned to the giant painting of a beautiful waterfall, and opened up the hidden door to my room. I walked through, and closed it up from my side.

I got into the Jacuzzi for a nice hot bath. My skin was red all over by the time I left the bathroom. I had changed into a pair of jean shorts and a baggy tee when I heard my phone vibrate. It was a text from Ellie.

Apparently, she and Miguel were still looking into the disappearances in the weapon supply, and Eli and Cami were working on the device. I texted her back to be careful, and asked that she gave me a call when she was less busy. I missed her.

The time was 5:52 in the evening, breakfast and lunch was long over, and neither Leonardo nor I had been present. I would hate to meet Leila right now, but I sent for her anyway. She arrived with a tray of pills, apple juice and a glass.

"I don't have a hangover; I didn't drink that much." I defended.

She laughed, "These aren't painkillers, Señora. They are for birth control. You weren't in your room last night, and neither of you showed up for lunch nor dinner, so I put two and two together. Vittoria always sent for me asking for pills and a glass of apple juice. I took a wild guess and thought you might need it."

I was dumbfounded. How much did the older lady see? I was so thankful that the bedrooms were soundproof. My screams of intense pleasure last night could have woken up the dead. I was just about swallowing the pills when I remembered something.

"I thought you wanted us to start a family."

"Not when you've got targets on your back. It wouldn't be safe to bring forth a child at a time like this, although I'm sure you are very capable of protecting it. Besides, I want to see the love developing between you two flourish first." She explained with a warm smile.

I could do nothing but stare. I was tongue-tied, trying hard to maintain a neutral expression. I usually knew what to say to people like her, but Leila was proving to be something else. We heard footsteps approach and we both glanced in their direction to see Leroy.

Bloody hell! I had forgotten he was here too.

"Where have you been?" He queried, "You haven't been in your room for a while now."

My head begun to ache as I thought hard about what to say to him. God, what a dilemma.

"She was with me. I sent for her earlier this morning to have a talk with her. Unfortunately, she fell asleep and I didn't have the heart to wake her. I'm almost done finishing up what we started, be a dear and go wait for her downstairs."

Without a word he returned the way he came, and I just knew I was in for it later.

"Don't worry Señora, I kept him occupied last night. I also made sure that the footage of you and Leo before you entered his room was deleted. He saw nothing." She assured.

Leila knew my situation. I was caught between two men, one seemed to have the upper hand, and the other wasn't too pleased about that. Right now, I had mixed feelings about both of them.

I thanked Leila before she left. I left my room for the kitchen, deciding to get myself something to eat and not disturb her. I ended up cooking paella for an unknown reason.