33

The eyes tell more than the mouth.

Madrid, Spain ~ Leonardo's POV

I buttoned up my vest then grabbed the jacket and mask before leaving for the garage. There, Camilla and Eli handed out earpieces to everyone. We had to keep in touch at all times and watch one another's back.

My mother thought it best that we all did not head out at once. We were to use different means of flight to get to Moscow, and make sure to stay widely spread out at the ball as possible. It'd make it more difficult for Bratva to take all of us out at once. With the treaty gone, the truce was null and void. The Ivanovs were most likely out for De Los Santos blood.

Federico left with Henry for the WIA. They'd be leaving together in the former's private jet. My parents' would be taking my father's jet to Moscow. Miguel and Ellie were taking la Rosa de Sangre's jet, and Camilla and Eli would be using the Shade's.

"Pick a car, mi amor." I offered, fixing my earpiece on securely before putting on my jacket.

Ava looked amazing. The gown she wore accentuated her beautiful figure, and made her look every bit of the queen she already was.

She elegantly walked over to the rack of keys on the wall and picked one on the far right. She pressed a button and lights flashed at the back.

"We're taking the Sian." She declared, and moved towards it to take the passenger's seat.

I got into the driver's seat, buckled my belt, then revved the engine and sped off for the WIA.

Moscow, Russia ~ 3rd Person's POV

"Заходите." Vladimir responded to the knock on his bedroom door. (Come in)

He straightened his vest and tie, wondering who had dared to disturb his peace. It definitely couldn't be Markus; he'd have barged in rather than knock.

Nikita stepped inside, dressed in a floor length champagne gown. It had a high split side that showed off her beautifully tanned legs, and had been beaded with Swarovski crystals that sparkled when the light rays fell on them.

"Ники, что ты хочешь?" Vladimir did not bother to hide the annoyance in his tone. (Niki, what do you want?)

"Я знаю про мишень, поставленную на Леонардо." She blurted. (I know about the target set on Leonardo)

Vladimir scoffed and simply replied, "Хорошо." (Alright)

Nikita's temper flared. Her brother knew exactly how to get under her skin and she loathed it. They'd never gotten the chance to bond, because right after he turned five, Vlad was sent off to England, and later, she to Spain. Both with similar assignments, to live their lives as totally different people.

Nikita was to win Leonardo's heart then get close enough to kill him. She had gotten a million opportunities to do just that, but she'd been side-tracked by her unexpected feelings for him.

Vladimir was to gain Ava's trust first, then her heart, and marry her. He was to become the Boss of the English mafia. This was so if Nikita failed, which she did, Vladimir would have all the resources needed to destroy everything the De Los Santos held dear.

"Прекрати, Влад." Nikita seethed, "Лев покинет этот особняк дышащим, а не трупом." (Call it off, Vlad. Leo will leave this mansion breathing, and not as a corpse)