28

Don't call it a dream, call it a plan.

Madrid, Spain ~ Leonardo's POV

We flew on the Shade's jet back to Madrid. Lorenzo granted us a few hours to get settled in before he called an assembly at the mansion.

Vittoria asked that the murmuring among the crowd be ceased. Lorenzo then went ahead to make known their intentions to finally step down. After he had announced our names as the new Don and Doña, Ava and I walked into the hall.

We stood next to my parents, and facing the entire Spanish mafia. Lorenzo placed his right hand on my shoulder, and Vittoria did same to Ava. When he asked that those who were willing should vow loyalty to us, not a single soul was left standing. They had all gone down on one knee, their right hand on their chest.

Lorenzo and Vittoria simultaneously took their hands off of us and joined the gathering. My mother went down on one knee first and placed her hand on her chest. My father followed suit.

"I, Lorenzo De Los Santos vow allegiance to Don Leonardo De Los Santos and Doña Ava Ayana White of the Spanish mafia." My father recited.

When the head of a mafia marries the head of another, it was optional for the wife to take her husband's last name. In the case where she didn't, the children given birth to were entitled to both last names by choice.

"I, Vittoria De Los Santos vow allegiance to Don Leonardo De Los Santos and Doña Ava Ayana White." My mother stated.

Following the example of the former Don and Doña, the others recited theirs in a chorus. When the hall became silent again, Lorenzo rose to his feet alongside Vittoria, then one by one the others did same.

He came forward with Vittoria, stopping in front of Ava and me. We simultaneously parted for them to walk towards the glass altar. Lorenzo clapped his hands twice quickly and two maids arrived. One held a diamond studded silver goblet on a black cushion, and the other a diamond studded gold goblet on a red cushion. The same ones we used back in London.

They laid the goblets gently on the altar then stepped back, holding the cushions behind them. Ava and I moved towards the altar and stood opposite my parents.

"Hijo, turn and introduce the new inner gang." My mother whispered.

Ava and I simultaneously turned to face our men, "We'll do this together." I stated and she nodded in an agreement.

"Second in Commands, Miguel Alejandro Iglesias and Eleanor Jane Carter." I began, and Ava continued, "Hackers, Elliot Christopher Carter and Camilla Arianna Flores." She paused for me to conclude, "And sniper assassin, Henry Viktor Smirnov."

One after the other they all stepped into the hall, walking down the same path Ava and I had taken to come up here. When they all joined us, we turned to surround my parents at the altar.

"Leonardo, Ava?" Lorenzo and Vittoria stretched out their open palms towards us.

I placed my right palm in Lorenzo's and Ava placed hers in Vittoria's. They simultaneously sliced our palms and allowed our blood to drip twice into each goblet. We stepped back after to watch the others.

"Miguel, Ellie?"

Miguel placed his right palm in Lorenzo's, "I pledge my allegiance as the second in command to Don Leonardo De Los Santos and Doña Ava Ayana White."

Ellie placed her palm in Vittoria's and recited her vow. Their palms got sliced for their blood to drip twice into each goblet.

"Eli, Camilla?" Vittoria called after Miguel and Ellie had joined us.