2. Awkward Proposal

Once they got to the riverrunn Ned couldnt help but notice how catelyns younger sister, Lysa seemed to be pining for petyr, while catelyn seemed disinterested in petyr even though it was her that he was fighting for. Catelyn was introduced to Brandon and Alice to Ned. Catelyn ignored Ned completely smitten with brandons good looks and charming smile.

"Hello." Ned said awkwardly. Alice didn't know why the introduction was so formal.

"Hi, I'm Alice.' She said curtseying before him.

"Nice to meet you Alice." Ned smiled down at her.

"Your brother isn't going to kill Petyr right? He's my best friend." Alice asked.

"It was Petyr that requested this." Ned reminded her.

"But he is foolish." Alice said softly. "He is not a good fighter... I just don't want to lose him."

"You seem sweet Alice. For your sake I hope your friend surrenders before it starts." Ned offered.

'Lets get this done with.' Brandon declared. Brandon was usually described as handsome, arrogant and cruel, but that was how Alice would describe Catelyn most days as well.

"Sit with me?" Ned offered Alice his hand.

"Oh..." she looked back at Petyr as he got ready. "Sure." Alice agreed following ned. She picked at her nails nervously as the two men faced off. But as Brandon sliced down petyr's chest Alice had to look away. The price of love Alice thought her face pinched as petyr lay panting for breath. Ned looked to a very distraught Alice.

"Brandon!" Ned declared. "Perhaps that's enough?" Ned offered and Alice looked over to Petyr.

'He demanded this trial. It is only fair he sees it to the end'. Brandon reminded Ned stubbornly.

'Pease stop,' Alice said jumping up. 'Please he is a friend. A foolish friend. He understands. You won. Please spare him.' Ned admired how she wanted her friend to live even if he would have to live the rest of his life knowing that he could never have the girl of his dreams. Brandon hesitated staring over at Alice her little worried face staring back before nodding at her.

"You are lucky, you have little girls fighting your battles for you." Brandon spat down to Petyr.

A feast was prepared in Brandon's honor to celebrate their new engagement as Petyr was attended to by maesters.

"You know I was hesitant at first about this whole thing." Ned admitted coming to up Alice, she stared back at him confused. "But you seem really lovely."

"Thank you." Alice said still confused. "What are you hesitant about?"

"I hear we are to be married soon." Ned remarked to Alice.

"what?" she questioned immediately.

"What?" Ned countered.

"Married?" Alice shook her head. "To you? No father wouldn't do that." Alice told him confidently.
"Are you sure?" Ned questioned.
"Look, I'm flattered, really." Alice told him awkwardly "But I'm just a kid. I don't want a husband." Alice added. "I'm sorry, excuse me." Alice moved past him quickly and Ned looked to a chuckling Brandon.

"You cunt." Ned spat.

"Oh she turned you down?" Brandon teased.

"She was so confused, you dick!' Ned pushed Brandon back.
"You like the little Tully, that's cute." Brandon mused.
"Shut up, I made a fool of myself.' Ned hissed. "Now she probably thinks me a creep."

"Probably." Brandon agreed with a chuckle.

"Dick." Ned murmured grabbing his glass and downing the wine.

"That was mine." Brandon said blandly. "You actually liked her? that's so cute."

"She's cute, she seems nice. I was starting to think it wasn't an awful idea." Ned admitted grabbing another glass.

"Where is she?" Brandon questioned peering around.

"I scared her away." Ned grumbled. He wasn't even for this false relationship yet that look of panic on her face. "She ran away from my awkward proposal." Ned remarked not seeing her in the banquet hall.

Catelyn was clearly smitten with Brandon. It was clear as day but when Ned proposed the idea of marriage, Alice made a run for it. So she snuck away only to find the maesters working diligently on Petyr. He was fading in and out of consciousness when Alice approached.

"My lady." They remarked.

"How is he?"

"It will take time."

"Can I see him?' alice questioned.

"Of course, just letting the wound breathe, I will back to bandage it up later."

"Thank you." Alice called as he shut the door.

'Did I win?' He croaked out and Alice tried and failed to suppress a sad chuckle.

'Oh Petyr...' Alice whispered looking over his wound deep and long running down his chest and abdomen. 'You lost. Very badly I'm afraid.'

'I did?' He questioned drowsily.

'You lost.... I'm sorry." Petyr nodded. 'I talked to the maesters.' Alice said laying down gently next to petyr.

'You're missing all the fun.' he remarked through a pained breath. He could hear a feast going on outside.

'You are in here bleeding out and you expect me to drink and dance? What kind of friend would I be?' Alice offered. Petyr smiled down at her wrapping an arm around her his hand trailed along her side

'Thank you alice'. Petyr whispered. He was sure catelyn was laughing and dancing and drinking with her husband to be. After all petyr did and she didn't care to check up on him.

'So I spoke with the maester.' Alice went on she let out a sad sigh

'What?'

'Unfortunately petyr...' he stared down at her. 'You are going to survive.' she smirked up at him

'You stinker.' petyr said tickling her ribs her back curved as a laugh escaped her lips. 'Thank you Alice.' he whispered kissing her forehead