13. Falling

Alice was an early bird and Petyr was a night owl.

During the days Petyr would work on the small council as the master of coin. Alice was so proud of him and at nights he ran the brothels. But every night when he crawled into bed his kiss tasted like her. She would feel him snuggle into her and kiss her gentle and in the mornings she would wake him up peppering his face with kisses as he pulled her into his arms.

''I swear you get more beautiful every day.'' Petyr remarked as alices lips collided with his.

She hadnt seen Ned in years. She wrote still to him and the kids. Sent them gifts on name days but their little moment, her and Ned. It was but a moment that was why she didnt tell Petyr because there was nothing to tell. Two friends. Family really just talking and ned happening to say that he wanted alice for himself was just... nothing. He had a drink it wasnt sober words Alice reasoned. So as the hears passed she was sure that ned and catelyn were happy they had bran and rickon in the following years so they must be happy but Ned wasnt. Not really.

After rickon was born catelyn and him never slept in the same bed again. Their talks were brief and catelyns interaction with anyone and everyone besides the handmaidens was brief and short tempered.

He missed the light that was Alice. He knew the kids did too. Bran and rickon and arya had yet to meet alice and sansa was just a babe but they all loved receiving letters and parcels from the capital they knew it was from alice and they all got very excited. They felt as though they knew her and they loved their aunt.

Bran and rickon wanted to visit the capital wanted to meet her. Arya wanted to show Alice her skills at archery after all it was Alice that got Arya her first bow set. Catelyn was furious but when arya wrote to Alice about wanting to learn alice sent a rider with gifts for them all the next day. She and petyr had too much money in alices opinion and nowhere to spend it so she liked to spoil her nieces and nephews.

+

''Morning lysa''. Alice said cheerfully when she saw her in the castle

''Sister.' Lysa replied bitterly.

''Hello lord Jon.'' Alice went on.

'Alice how many times have i told you to call me Jon?'' Jon questioned

''Just one more Time Lord Jon,'' she requested with a smile as he hooked her arm with his

''What are you doing this morning are you going to join us for breakfast?'' Jon hoped.

''Petyr and I are going on a date.'' Alice said happily. ''He is taking me down by the water fall.'' Alice told him a big smile on her face

''Lovely. Petyr is lucky to have you.'' jon told her

''It is I that is lucky to have him. And you and Ned are such wonderful brother in laws.'' Alice remarked.

''You know I think Ned and I got the short end of the stick.'' Jon remarked

''What do you mean?''

''Well obviously you are the best of the tullys''. Jon told her kissing her cheek.

'I won't tell lysa you said that. She already hates me enough.'' Alice mused as she headed off.

''She knows.'' Jon countered smugly. ''See you tonight then alice?''

''Wonderful.'' Alice agreed.

"Oh Alice." Jon called back to her. She turned back around to him. ''Robin has not stopped talking about the Cheshire cat. Where do you think of these things Alice?''

''Wonderland. I see them in my dreams I think it's a real place, somewhere in the world.' Alice admitted. ''but no one else believes me no one except Petyr.''

''I believe you I would love to escape from Westeros and go to Wonderland with you.'' Jon told her.

''If I ever figure out how to get there I will take you with me.'' Alice assured.

Alice was meeting Petyr when she stumbled across a hole in the ground. She had walked this path a million times. She peered in looking into the vast darkness and called out.

"Hello!" Her voice echoed, Alice chuckled leaning closer and she fell right in.

Falling falling falling she was falling down everything else was falling up she reached out trying to grab onto something trying to hold onto something trying to dodge out the weight of all the flying objects there are things you've never seen before lamps and pianos and then there were books and shelves and beds, everything was falling up while she was falling down.

Then she crashed through the ceiling but maybe she crashed the floor she didn't really understand the chandelier was upside down and her hair was hanging down then with that she landed with a thud on a checkered floor.

She groaned out as she gathered herself. Pulling herself off the floor she was in a room filled with doors she went to the first one pulling on it, it was locked. The next locked the next locked the next she pulled and pulled and pulled but none of them budged and then she saw table glass table with the little key on it. She grabbed the key fiddling with it, so again she tried the key in all of the locks but again none of them fit she pulled at each of them getting more and more annoyed more and more anxious and confused.

Then she realized there was a curtain she pushed the curtain aside to reveal the small door she hadn't seen that one before. She use the key and it opened. She tried to fit through it but only her head could get through discouraged she put herself back out looking around the room there is now a bottle on the table she picked it up reading the label it said drink me she popped the top and brought it to her nose to smell and her face cringed it was absolutely disgusting

''This is only a dream.'' she remarked ''only a dream.'' she had had dreams like this before so she drank it and suddenly she was drinking shrinking shrinking she ran back to the door pulling at it again.

''Do you think she should remember this from the first time?"

''You got the wrong Alice.''

''No I didn't this is the right one I'm certain of it.'' The voices said softly, Alice couldn't hear them as she ran back to the table trying to get the key that she left on the table when she drank the drink me potion. she jumped up trying to get back to the table but she was too short she couldn't reach the key anymore then she noticed a little cake in a box underneath the table it said eat me.

"This dream." Alice muttered as she took a little bite it was sweet she stood up confused and suddenly she was growing and growing and growing she was tall as the ceiling now she hit her head on it this was the strangest dream ever. Her bumped her head and it hurt. It hurt her.

''She's the wrong Alice.' the voice said again very confident.

''Give her a chance.''

She gently took the key from the table. And drink more of the drink me potion and she shrunk down down down again key in hand she moved to the door. She opened it up and walked through to the other side it was beautiful plants had never seen before trees she never seen before creatures bugs she had never seen before

''What are you doing here?'' Alice spun around but the dream faded.

Alice woke up her head throbbing petyr staring down at her.

''Alice... are you alright my love?'' Alice blinked back at him.

"What happened?" Alice questioned as Petyr helped her sit up.

"I was meeting you at the waterfall remember? When you didn't show up I went looking for you... my love you must have hit your head." Petyr remarked and Alice's hands went to her head, there was definitely a bruise and it was sore.

"I had the strangest dream Petyr." Alice said as he wrapped his arms around her. "I was in wonderland again but..." she looked back to the hole in the ground but didn't see anything. "I must have hit my head and..." Alice shrugged.

"Let's get you home." Petyr suggested.

"Yes. Home." Alice agreed.