26. Maybe I am Mental

Sansa was terrified. They were on their way to Kings Landing, stopping on the kings road for the night as everyone made camp and all of the knights were horrifying beasts she stumbled backwards running into Sandor. She stared up at him taking nervous steps back away from him, her eyes wide her lip quivered.

'Do I frighten you so much girl?' sandor questioned she didn't answer, 'or is it him that's making a shake? He frightens me to look at that face.' Sandor teased.

'Sansa I was looking for you, oh you met Sandor." Alice remarked.

'I'm sorry if I offended you sir.' Sansa said sheepishly he only stated at her, a deep frown on his face as he walked past them.

"Don't worry about him, he always has that grumpy face." Alice assured.

'Why won't he speak to me?' Sansa questioned Sandor and Alice and Alice chuckled.

'He hasn't been talkative the last 20 years since the mad king had his tongue cut out.' Sandor informed her his gaze drifting to Alice as Sansa clung to her.

'He speaks well with his sword though.' Joffrey remarked and sansa smiled turning to him pulling away from Alice and towards the Prince, 'serving the kings justice... he is the royal executioner.' he clarified 'what is it my sweet girl? Does the hound frighten you?' Joffrey asked, concern in his voice. 'Away with your dog you're scaring my lady.' Sandor tipped his head leaving.

Alice watched as Joffrey led Sansa away, Alice knew they were betrothed but she wasn't a fan of Joffrey. Sandor noticed her gaze stuck on them.

"He aint gonna hurt her, not here at least." Sandor told her and Alice turned to him.

"That's not very helpful Sandor." Alice told him with a sigh.

"She is smitten with the cunt." Sandor informed her as though it wasn't obvious.

"I'm going for a walk." Alice told him, "Clear my head."

"You can protect her while she is at the capital but once she is bled and they are wed, its too late for her, Alice." Sandor told her.

"I never bled. I'm barren. Perhaps the day never comes or perhaps Ned comes to his senses and refuses this offer and I find Sansa a good man." Alice countered.

"a good man? At the capital? Oh Alice...' Sandor chuckled. "You really are crazy." Alice stuck her tongue out at him as she stared walking.

Arya was sparing with one of the children, Mych by the river. Practicing with wooden swords.

'I probably shouldn't have any more,' Sansa said as Joffrey offered her a jug of ale. 'Father only lets us have one cup at feasts, Ms Everly says it makes your head feel funny if you drink to much and you should always have a clear head especially when you are traveling.'

'My princess can have as much as she wants, who cares what they say.' Joffrey said kindly and Sansa took it, taking another hesitant sip. They heard the sounds of grunts and wood clashing and sansa's face was one of panic. 'Don't' worry, you are safe with me.' Joffrey assured heading off to see the commotion.

"Arya!' Sansa declared pulling her attention away from Mych and he got her in the arm. Arya whipped her head around at Mych clutching at her arm.

'What are you doing here? Go away!' Arya demanded.

"Your sister...' Joffrey remarked. "And who are you?'

"Mych my lord.' He answered politely.

'He's the butchers boy.' Sansa said with distaste.

'He's my friend!' Arya corrected.

'Butcher's boy who wants to be a knight.' Joffrey remarked. 'Pick up your sword butchers boy lets see how good you are!' Joffrey challenged drawing a real blade from his belt.

'She asked me to me lord. She asked me to.' Mych said nervously.

'I am not your lord I'm a prince,' Joffrey sneered. 'and I said pick up your sword.'

'It's not a sword my prince it's only a stick.' Mych remarked.

'and you are not a knight.' Joffrey remarked, 'only a butchers boy. That was my lady's sister you were hitting, did you know that?' He raised his blade to Mych's cheek.

'Stop it!" Arya demanded.

'Arya stay out of it.' Sansa demanded.

'I won't hurt him...much. ' Joffrey drew his blade down mychs cheek, Arya wacked Joffrey from behind and he spun around as mych ran. 'YOU LITTLE BITCH!" Joffrey spat swinging at arya as she ducked and ran.

'Stop it the both of you, you are spoiling everything!" Sansa declared. Joffrey got arya on her back.

'I will gut you, you little cunt!' Joffrey screamed his blade pointed at her face but Nymeria came running up. She lunged at Joffrey latching onto his arm, he screamed in pain and Arya pulled at Nyneria.

"ARYA!" Sansa yelled.

"NYMERIA!" Arya tried to her get wolf under control but she keep ripping at his arm. "NYMERIA!" she finally let go. Joffrey lay on the ground his arm bloody. Arya grabbed joffreys sword pointing it at him as Joffrey blubbered.

"No, no please no.' Joffrey cried.

'Arya leave him alone.' Sansa demanded and arya took the blade throwing it in the river.

Arya and Nymeria took off into the woods.

'My prince my poor prince, you stay here I will go back to the inn and get help.' Sansa said sweetly.

'THEN GO!' Joffrey spat. 'Don't touch me.'

Guards were out looking for Arya, and Nymeria, Cersei was out for blood, her baby had been attacked and there would be hell to pay.

+

"Rabbit!" Alice shouted chasing him through the woods.

"I found the wrong Alice, I'm sorry Alice."

"What? No I'm the right Alice!" she assured chasing after him.

"Nope." The white rabbit said confidently.

"I'm the right Alice, take me back." Alice demanded. She saw Nymeria running through the woods and stopped and stared. "Nymeria?" she questioned and Nymeria set her sights on the rabbit.

"Oh no. what have you done!" The rabbit shouted. "I'm not dying for you Alice."

"Nymeria no!" Alice shouted lunging at her.

"I'm not dying for you Alice. The wrong Alice, definitely the wrong Alice.' The rabbit muttered annoyed as he created a rabbit hole jumping in as Alice struggled to keep Nymeria from attacking the rabbit. The rabbit hole disappeared and Nymeria stopped squirming under her. Alice got up slowly and stomped on the ground, it was solid.

"You saw that too? I'm not mental at all." Alice told Nymeria. "And now I'm talking to rabbit and wolves." Alice added rolling her eyes. "Maybe I am mental.' She grumbled.