39. Cheshire

''Find the scent of human girl and earn your freedom." Knave instructed. She bloodhound looked up to him unconvinced.

"For my wife and pups as well?'' the bloodhound asked.

''Everyone goes home.'' Knave agreed. He put his nose to the ground and lead the Knights off. Knave stroked his horse's neck.

''Dogs will believe anything." knaves horse told him with a chuckle.

+

"My head is spinning." Alice remarked as she found herself staggering as though she was drunk, but she hadnt had a sip to drink.

"Alice?" Sandor questioned. "You are going the wrong way."

"I need to... they need me." Alice said in a haze. "RABBIT!"

"Alice, you hit your head again." Sandor remarked.

"Petyr."

"Ned." Petyr replied stiffly.

"Something wrong?" Ned asked.

"No... not at all." Petyr assured.

"You lose Alice?" Ned realized.

"NO." Petyr said defensively.

"She was with Arya a bit ago, I was going to check on them." Ned remarked and Petyr nodded turning around. Ned looked Petyr over with distaste just as Petyr was doing the same for Ned.

Suddenly it was bright, Alice was walking, the sun shined brightly and she wasn't in kings landing anymore. Alice stopped to look at the gashes on her arm. She ran her fingers over it, that wasn't there a moment ago, she was sure of that.

''It looks like you ran afoul of something with wicked claws."" Cheshire cat remarked. Alice faltered back as she saw the disembodied head of a CAT hovering midair.

''And I'm still dreaming!'' Alice remarked but her arm stung to touch.

''What did that to you?'' Cheshire asked.

''Banner or Bander... its been a while... I don't remember." Alice admitted.

''The Bandersnatch? I'd better have a look.'' Cheshire remarked and he disappeared only to reappear as a whole cat. Cheshire was all calm, casual sensuality with a seductive grin as he inspected the wound, then tries to lick it. Alice pulled her arm back.

''What are you doing?' Alice declared.

''It needs to be purified by someone with evaporating skills or it will fester and putrefy.'' Cheshire informed her as though it was obvious.

''I'll be fine as soon as I wake up.'' Alice informed him. "It goes away when I wake. Cheshire chuckled.

''At least let me bind it for you.'' he offered and Alice nodded as she allowed him to use his handkerchief to bind the wound. "What do you call yourself?"

"Alice."

"The Alice?" Cheshire said happily.

''I'm not going into that again!'' Alice told him stiffly. "The fucking flowers gave me hell for it."

''I never get involved in politics anyways, and don't talk to the flowers they are high on the poppy." Cheshire laughed out. Alice stared back at him.

"OH!" Alice laughed. "Because they are flowers." she realized.

"I suppose it wasn't a good joke if you had to think it through." Cheshire remarked. ''Well... You'd best be on your way.''

''What way? All I want to do is wake up from this dream! Petyr must be in a tizzy. What was I thinking? I'm such an imbecile sometimes." Alice remarked.