43. I wish

Sequel central - New Stories for Aemond, Aegon, Tywin, Tormund out now!!

'Pardon your grace I would rise but-' ned adjusted in bed, he had hoped to see Alice and he didn't try to hide his disappointment as Robert and Cersei entered.

'Do you know what your wife has done?' Cersei questioned incredulously. Ned remained silent

'I didn't think she had it in her.' robert laughed out.

'How dare she lay hands on my blood!' cersei spat.

'I am the kings hand I was keeping the peace.' ned reminded her

'You were the kings hand.' cersei corrected. 'You will be held accountable-'

'Will both of shut your mouths!' Robert shouted. 'Catelyn will release tyrion and you will make your peace with Jaime.'

'he butchered my men.' Ned reminded him defensively.

'Lord stark was returning drunk from a brothel when he attacked Jaime.' Cersei told Robert aggressively.

'Quiet woman,' Robert sneered.

'Jaime has fled the city.' Ned remarked. 'Give me leave to bring him back to justice.'

'Justice, how dare you talk to the king-' cersei spat.

'Hold your tongue.' Robert demanded.

'He attacked one brother and taken the other I should wear the armor and you the gown.' Cersei told Robert and he slapped her across the face. 'I shall wear this like a badge of honor.'

'wear it in silence or I will honor you again.' Robert threatened as cersei stormed out.

'see what she does to me my loving wife... I should not have hit her, that was not... that was not kingly.'

''if we don't act, there will be a war.' Ned told Robert.

'So tell your wife to return that little shit of an imp to kings landing. You hear me send a raven and put an end to it!' Robert demanded.

'what of Jaime Lannister?' ned questioned

'What about Jaime?' Robert said. 'I'm half a kingdom in debt to his father. I don't know what happened between you and those yellow haired shits and I don't want to know. This is what matters. I can't rule the kingdoms if the starks and lannisters are at each other's throats.'

'Robert we need to talk,' ned said.

'No I am sick of talk, I am going on a hunt tomorrow; whatever you have to tell me can wait until I return.' Robert assured him.

'What are you doing about Daenerys Targaryen?' ned questioned softly.

"Don't worry about that, it is done.' robert informed him. 'the last of the targaryens will be dead.' He spat and Ned swallowed the lump in his throat.

'of course... as you wish your grace. With your permission I will take my leave and return to winterfell.'

'piss on that.' Robert told him. 'send a raven, I want you to stay. I am the king I get what I want. I never loved my brothers,' he admitted 'sad thing for a man to admit but it's true. You were the brother I chose.'

'why Robert? Why do you want me as Hand if you do not listen to my advice?' ned questioned

'Somebody has to run the kingdom.' Robert said honestly. 'you're the hand again, you take this off again and I pin it to Jaime fucking Lannister.' Robert told him throwing the hand pin down onto the bed. As Robert pushed the door open Alice took a step back. "Oh hello pretty."