33. Trust

''Can't hurt me...can't hurt me.'' Alice said confidently.

"Run, you great lug!'' The Dormouse groaned out. But instead Alice found her strength, this was her dream and she was the right Alice, the savoir. She leapt onto the Bandersnatch, pulled herself up, hand-over-hand to its shoulder and drove her hatpin into its eye. It bellowed out in pain. She tried to pull the hatpin out, but the whole eye popped out instead. The Bandersnatch howled and whipped around raking Alice's arm with its long claws.

"Come on!" Alice shouted for Dee and Dum and they took off, they ran down the path, but it diverged in two directions. A road sign points south to "SNUD" and east to "QUEAST". Alice stared at it confused.

"Snud? Queast?" Alice questioned.

''This way! East to Queast!'' Dum declared grabbing alices arm.

''No, south to Snud!'' Dee corrected and he pulled her the other way. Tweedledee pulled her back the other.

"Stop, stop, stop!" Alice demanded her head felt funny as she felt their grip leave her and felt a new arm around her waist. She opened her eyes to see her room, her bed. Petyr.

Alice woke up in her own bed Petyrs arm draped around her. If she was here it really was a dream. She wasn't with Ned. She wasn't swimming with him, kissing him, touching him... she turned around slowly and Petyr's eyes peeled open. He kissed her gently.

"Are you alright love?"

"I'm fine." Alice assured holding him tighter. She assumed that having dreams of Ned while in bed with Petyr was better than actually being in the water with Ned, letting him touch her most intimate regions... "maybe we stay in bed all day." Alice offered.

"Oh I would like that considering you were in wonderland last night.' Petyr remarked and Alice stared back at him.

"Whaa..."

"I wasn't happy when Eddard delivered you to me last night. I thought you were in bed and to see him carrying you back... Gods Alice I felt like the worst husband ever."

It wasn't a dream. She and Ned... Gods what had she done.

"I'm sorry petyr."

"I'm not mad I was just worried. I don't want anything to happen to you, I don't want you to get hurt or someone to hurt you or worse." Petyr told her kissing her gently.

"I love you so much Petyr... I'm so sorry." what she wasn't saying was what she was actually apologizing for. It wasn't a dream at least not that part. What had she done? What did she do? With Ned of all people, but of course it was with Ned. But he's living here in the capital now and... Alice couldn't breathe. She loved Petyr she had loved him for years but there was something about Ned Stark that drove her crazy.

She wrapped her arm around him, draped her leg over his and rested her cheek on his chest. Her encircled her in his arms as he kissed her head.

+

 ''It's the Hand's tournament that's causing all this trouble, my Lords.'' Janos remarked

''The King's tournament. I assure you the Hand wants no part of it." Ned corrected

''Call it what you will, Lord Stark Ser, the city is packed with people and more flooding in every day. Last night we had a tavern riot, a brothel fire, three stabbings and a drunken horse race down the Street of Sisters.'' Janos informed him

''Dreadful.'' Varys agreed

''If you can't keep the King's peace, perhaps the City Watch should be commanded by someone who can.'' Renly offered