31. My Lovely Wife

Snow on the beach // Tyrion Lannister out now!

"What are your plans for today?" Alice asked coming up behind Ned in the throne room. His mood instantly shifted.

"Whatever your plans are." Ned informed her pressing a long kiss to her cheek.

"I was thinking a swim." Alice remarked.

"Yeah?" Alice in the waters, her dress clinging to her skin, clinging to him. He could get used to that, he wanted that.

"It's such a nice day, so hot, the girls are getting settled- Oh hello Petyr."

"My lovely, lovely wife." Petyr said kissing her as he approached Alice and Ned in the throne room.

"You seem smug." Alice remarked. "What are you up to?"

"Up to?" Petyr questioned with a grin pulling her into him. "Honey, you know I'm always on my very best behavior."

"Oh Petyr..." Alice chuckled.

"Good news?" Ned held a scroll tightly in his hands as he looked between them. 'perhaps you would like to share it with your wife?'

'Catelyn is in Winterfell' Ned told him.

'Is she?' Petyr countered running a hand along Alice's side.

"I think I will check on the girls." Alice informed them before kissing Petyr quickly as she moved away from Petyr's grasp.

"Ned." Petyr grinned walking past him. Ned followed him begrudgingly into the city, down to one of Petyrs brothels.

'I thought she would be safest in here, this is one of the safer establishments I know-' Ned pushed Petyr up against the wall.

'you're a funny man you know that?' Ned said 'a very funny man.' he said strangling him

'Ned.' catelyn called from above, ned released Petyr and moved to the Brothel.

'The starks and their tempers,' Petyr muttered following him in. Starks were temperamental but the Tully's were in their own little la la land. Lysa, Gods help that woman, Catelyn was- well Catelyn and Alice... even the thought of his wife put a smile on his face. She was original, one of a kind and all his.

'I wish I could see the girls.' catelyn said anxiously looking around.

'It's too dangerous.' what was she doing here why leave Winterfell? He was free of her and she had to keep popping up.

'just for a moment.' Catelyn suggested hopefully.

'Until we know who the enemy are-' Ned began

'I know it is the Lannister's in my bone they are not to be trusted I know it.' Catelyn assured him.

'If little fingers right I can't do anything without proof.' Ned reminded her.

'And if you find the proof?' Catelyn questioned.

'Then I bring it to Robert and hope he is the man I once knew.' Ned informed her.

"You are useless. I should wear the armor and you the dress." Catelyn spat. "If you are going to do nothing then I shall." She stomped off. Ned groaned as he watched her go, Petyr saw the distaste Ned had for Catelyn.

Ned was a bitter mood until he saw Alice coming out of Arya's room. A big smile on her face as she closed the door.

"Ned... is everything alright?" Alice asked and his mind went blank. "Was something wrong?"

"Wrong?" Ned echoed touching her hand gently.

"Catelyn was here. Is everything... Bran, the boys are they-"