10. Sandor

''Brothels?'' Alice questioned

''Lucrative business''. Petyr assured her.

''I bet.'' Alice agreed with a laugh.

''I want to make a name for myself alice.'' Petyr reminded her

''I know. I have complete faith in you.'' Alice assured. ''You will be sitting on the small council in no time.'' Petyr kissed her holding her to him.

''I love you.'' Petyr whispered against her lips.

''I love you.'' Alice echoed. Moving to the capital was for the best. She couldn't stay in the riverrunns forever and she wanted to explore. Petyr wanted to go somewhere he could start building and developing and become known. They had set up in the capital and Alice was nervous but she had Petyr and she ravened back to Ned and the boys regularly, this would be a good fresh start. She just wished Petyr didn't want to run a place where women walked around naked. But Petyr didn't look twice at them, he only ever looked at Alice, his focus his gaze always shifted to her.

Petyr liked money, he liked power and he wanted to give Alice the world.

+

Sandor came into the brothel only to see a young woman that looked completely out of place and slightly uncomfortable. She sat in the back a quill in her hand and she looked to be working. Not in the type of way every other woman here was but like she was doing the books. He walked up to her out of curiosity and she startled.

''Oh hello. Im sorry-' she started packing up.

''You lost little lady?'' Sandor asked

''Oh no. Im. Well i know where I am.'' Alice offered.

''You work here?'' Sandor questioned, she was prettier than the others and liked that she looked him in the eye when she spoke to him. But she wore too much clothes for a whore.

''Yes. Well I mean... not...'' alices mouth moved wordlessly for a moment as she debated what she was saying and trying to say it gently. 'I'm not... for... I don't... my husband.'' She declared. ''He owns this place.'' Alice offered.

''Little finger is your husband?'' Sandor asked

''Petyr Baelish.'' She corrected she never liked that nickname. Sandor looked alice over.

''You're too pretty for Baelish.''

''I'm Alice Baelish.'' She corrected sticking out a hand for him. ''And you are?''

''Sandor Clegane'' he said gripping her hand

''My you have a firm grip,' alice remarked as he let her go. ''Might I help you with something?''

''You're not offering to bed me are you?'' Sandor mused

''Oh no. No.'' Alice assured shaking her head. "I mean I'm sure you are lovely." Alice offered. "But I love my husband very much. Perhaps a drink while you wait?'' Alice offered raising her hand to the bar tender then two fingers. Before gesturing across the booth sandor took a seat.

''You live here? Work here? But dont fuck here?'' Sandor chuckled

''I do...'' she corrected slowly. ''My husband though. Only my husband.''

''What a good wife you are Alice. Supporting us mangy dogs habits.'' Sandor remarked.

''Oh you are not a dog. Are you a knight?'' Sandor scoffed. ''Then you are more honorable than most. Knights have a vow but they are always in here.'' Alice remarked.

''You working?'' Sandor questioned pointing to the parchment in front of her.

''Yes. I manage the accounts. Help with payments. Make sure the ladies have what they need.'' Alice agreed.

''Most women are not like you alice.'' Sandor remarked

''What do you mean?'' Alice questioned as the drinks were placed in front of them. ''Thank you Arthur.'' He winked back at her as he headed back to the bar.

''You live in a brothel. Your husband owns brothels.'' Sandor told her. ''You run the books.''

''It was strange at first.'' Alice agreed. ''I was confused but petyr has done quite well over the past few years and i enjoy the ladies.''

''I do too. They dont enjoy me though.'' Sandor grumbled downing his drink

''Why is that?'' Alice pondered and sandor chuckled. 'What?''

'You see my face?'' Sandor questioned.

''I'm looking at you yes.' Alice agreed.

''What do you see?''

''You see your scars as a weakness but I see the mark of a survivor.'' Alice told him sliding her drink across the table for him. She didnt drink much and sandor was a large man she assumed he would drink two in no time. ''Petyr has a scar.'' Alice told him. ''Its long and deep but it reminds me that im lucky to have him.'' Alice confided and sandor gave her a small nod, Alice was certainly something else. ''Hello Violet.'' Alice smiled over at the whore. She looked nervous but forced a smile as she saw who she was dealing with.

''Sandor. Do have a good time and I hope to see you again.'' Alice offered as she got up.

''You too Alice.'' Sandor agreed finishing his drink as he got up too following the whore out.