34. Gendry

"Bribery, usually works." Gendry agreed.

"I'm not bribing him." Alice declared. "I'm just..."

"Buying his silence." Gendry teased.

"Stop it, I get enough snide comments from Sandor." Gendry chuckled.

"What do you think?"

"I think it looks beautiful." Alice agreed. "You do wonderful work."

"Thank you Lady Alice."

"And you are so handsome oh!" Alice exclaimed. "My nieces are staying at the castle, you should meet Sansa." Alice decided.

"Isnt she engaged to the prince?" Gendry countered.

"Well... yes." Alice agreed. "But you are so nice compared to Joffrey." Alice went on.

"Lady Alice, I can't steal the princes betrothed." Gendry reminded her and Alice shrugged.

"Why not?" Alice offered innocently.

"Alice!" Gendry declared with a laugh.

"Think about it, maybe you just want to meet her!" Alice suggested. "We could all have tea! A tea party, oh and I could make cookies and then-''

"I'm a bastard Alice." Gendry reminded her. "I'm not suitable for a proper lady."

"Well Petyr was my fathers ward and he didn't have a real name for himself." Alice reminded him. "He worked hard and built himself up, became the man he is today. I don't care about your status." Alice informed him.

"I bet the little lady would." Gendry countered. Alice knew he was right, Sansa wanted to be a princess and live in a castle, but Alice knew she would be happier with real love.

"Fine. But if you change your mind you know where to find me."

"I have never once stepped foot in a brothel Alice." Gendry remarked.

"Oh you sweet boy, you must meet her!" Alice begged.

"Match maker you are Alice." Gendry mused as she handed him some coin. "This is too much." Gendry remarked handing it back.

"Not for my future Nephew in law..." Alice said awkwardly before her laugh filled the little tent.

'These knights stretch around like roosters out here, even those who have never seen battle.' Ned said riding around the town with Jory

'We shouldn't be out here you don't know who has eyes where.' Jory noted nervously, looking around.

'Let them look.' Ned said confidently dismounting from his horse. Ned knew what he was doing was dangerous but he needed to try and figure out what Lord Arryn found before he died. He had a duty to Robert and to himself to find out the truth. It would make the capital safer for all of them. For Alice and his girls.

'yes he did call on me, my Lord.' The welder told ned.

''Why did lord Arryn come to see the boy?' Ned questioned.

'I don't know.' He admitted.

'I would like to see him as well.' Ned informed him.

'As you wish my Lord... Gendry,' he called.

"Oh no you are being summoned." Alice whispered.

'here he is strong for his age and works hard show the hand the helmet you made.' He instructed. Gendry begrudgingly turned around grabbed his helmet that he had made handing it over to Ned.