25. Uniquely You

'I came to say goodbye to Bran.' Jon said coming in, seeing Catelyn crying over Bran. She barely left his side.

'You've said it.' Catelyn said annoyed as Jon approached the bed

'I wish I could be here when you wake up.' he told a sleeping bran 'I'm going north with uncle Benjen I'm taking the black...' Catelyn looked up to him with teary eyes not for Jon but for her son. Jon knelt before Bran, 'I know we always talked about seeing the wall together but you will be able to come and visit me at Castle Black when you're better I'll know my way around by then I will be a sworn brother of the nights watch. We can go out walking beyond the wall if you're not afraid.' Jon added.

'I want you to leave.' Catelyn said through clenched teeth they both looked at the door to see Ned and Alice. Jon got up and pressed a kiss to Brans forehead before heading out Ned close the door behind Jon. Ned approached Catelyn's taking slow steps before sitting down next to her.

"Goodbye honey.' Alice whispered kissing Bran's head. "One day I will take you to wonderland." She told him as Catelyn started shouted at Ned.

'17 years ago you rode off with Robert Baratheon, you came back a year later with another woman's son and now you're leaving again!' cat told him exasperatedly.

'I am going. I can't refuse the king.' Ned reminded her but he was glad to be rid of her. he just wished it was under better circumstances with Bran.

"Summer you look after Bran." Alice told her scratching between summer's ears.

'That's what they always say, all our goals but that's what you tell your family, tell your son... you do have a choice.' cat told him 'and you've made it.'

'You seem to forget how is in charge here.' Ned told her. 'I am to be hand of the king, Robb is Lord of winterfell...' Ned sighed, he didn't like raising his voice but Catelyn wasn't listening.

"Goodbye Catelyn. I will look after the girls." Alice offered and Catelyn glared back at her. Alice looked to Bran one more time before heading out.

"Let me know when he wakes." Ned said pressing a kiss to Bran's forehead and heading out as well.

+++++++++

'You said goodbye to Bran?' robb questioned coming up to Jon, they were headed out, Robb was to be the new lord of winterfell in his fathers absence. 'He's not going to die I know it.' Robb told him

'You starks are hard to kill.' Jon remarked

'My mother?'

'She was very kind.' Jon lied.

'I'm sure she was... Next time I see you you'll be all in black.' Robb remarked as Jon saddled his horse

'It was always my color.' Jon added,

'Farewell snow.'

'And you Stark.' they shared a warm embrace before Robb headed off. "Aunt Alice!" He called after her. "You weren't leaving without saying goodbye were you?" Robb teased hugging her.

"I was just saying goodbye to Theon and Rickon." Alice assured. "I saw you and Jon talking. I didn't want to interrupt brotherly bonding." Alice looked him over. "You are going to be a wonderful lord of Winterfell." Alice assured. She ran her hand down his neck and over his shoulder. "So handsome, just like your daddy."

+

Jon wanted to ask about his mother, where she was, who she was, he didn't know the next time he would see his father but as Alice hugged him tight, he thought it wasn't so important.