The New Town

"You know, since it's going to be a long trip anyways, why not make some friends along the way? It doesn't always have to be about work, ya know?"

"I'll keep that in mind...."

Setting for the new commission just a few days after, Terrence says a temporary farewell before heading out to the country that is quite far away. Possibly the farthest destination to date. It took Terrence around two days camping out before he finally set eyes on the walls surrounding his destination.

Standing on a branch and looking at the crowd and carts entering through the gate doors, Terrence pulls his cape over his head and follows the issue. Getting into the gate was not as big of an issue as it seemed. After all, he still has the appearance of a young child. With the addition of him bringing back his old way of speech, the gatekeepers mistook him for a schooler and wished him luck as they got out of the way.

Making his way through the brand-new town, Terrence takes a look around at the people of this country. Dodging a few running children who turn to wave at him and walk around to hear the ladies in the stall chat about their families, this place seems... peaceful.

Why does that person want the falling of their prince?

Or maybe it's because it isn't their prince...

Lost in thought at something that is once again not really his problem, Terrence is brought back into reality when something bumps into him and almost pushes him down to the ground. Grounding himself as he puts a foot back, Terrence instinctively holds onto whatever had bumped into him before he looks down at a surprised boy? Girl? With duo-coloured hair and heterochromia staring up at him.

"S- sorry! I wasn't looking!" Hurrying themselves up onto their feet and giving a small bowing in apology, the... person said in an anxious way. Bowing himself lightly with his face mostly emotionless, Terrence, who doesn't sense any danger from the person in front of him, answers back in a gentle tone. "Please don't apologize. I was not paying attention myself, so there be also faults in my own behaviour."

"U- umm..." Seems to have not found a way to answer the sudden formality that should be unsurprisingly rare since it is not usually used among regular people. The person stumbles around their words for a bit before their train of thoughts seems to get cut off by another figure having swung their arm around their shoulder.

"Heya, Sunshine!"

"V- Vanny!"

With their hair tied up in a ponytail and their pinkish purple eyes staring right at Terrence, the girl that seems to be around his age blinks at him in both curiosity and confusion. "Hmm? And who might you be?"

"Oh, of course. Excuse my manners." Keeping up the formalities and bowing lightly, Terrence looks over with a rather gentle yet straight expression and a small nod. "The name is Rence. I have just arrived in this country in hopes of learning something to bring back to my own homeland."

"Geez, so formal..." sweat dropping lightly but doesn't seem to mind much, Vanessa lets go of... Sunshine? And shakes his hand heavily, much to Terrence's surprise. "Well, hello there, newcomer! I am Vanessa, and that is Sol! Her pronounces change sometimes, but at the moment, it is she/her!"

"H- hello! And welcome!"

"Miss Vanessa and Miss Sol... I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Nice to meet you both." Taking his hand back and rubbing his wrist, Terrence gives them a small nod, to which Vanessa huffs up proudly and pats him hard on the back. "Well, as your first friend here, I guess I'll be showing you around!"

"First friend..." As Terrence repeats in slight surprise, Vanessa tilts her head at him with a happy smile. "What? Did you make any other friends before meeting us?"