Sick

Walking down the town, trying to get some herbs from the locals that he is unable to find himself in the forest in the hope of reducing Michael's fever, Mark hurries through the town, placing a few elderflowers, catnips, and lemon balm into his bag.

"Mark?" Tilting his head lightly and watching from the side as the honey blond boy flinches lightly at the sudden presence and turns over to look at him, James blinks lightly before apologizing for scaring the younger boy.

"I- it's fine, Hun. I'm just a little stressed at the moment...."

"Because?"

"You see, one of my friends is having a fever, and I am getting some herbs to help with that... I would have to get back soon." Answering with his eyes back at searching for the remaining herbs, Mark answers gently. "But he is a little picky about how things taste, so I would have to be careful, or he won't have anything...."

"So, the nerd is sick?"

"Ah-" looking to the side at a pair of bright red eyes staring down at him, Mark sweat drops lightly at the usual bored tone and nods lightly in confirmation. "Yes... and greetings, dear. I didn't see you there."

"I'll take care of his taste." Answering before picking up a jar of honey, some tea, and milk, Mason spares Mark a glance before taking the herbs from the boy, who just stares with a hopeless sweat drop. "I know a recipe."

"I... see. Well, I guess I can leave him to you this once...." Not feeling like arguing, Mark just nods lightly before sweat dropping as the boy with silver mist hair walks away towards where Michael had already led him to their house.

"Mommy Mark!!! Can we have a second?" Yelling, Stella waves as she walks over to the boy happily and pulls on his arm at the same time as Orion gives James a small hug. Guessing he doesn't really have to go back right now, and even if he did will risk meeting a grumpy Mason, Mark signs before nodding.

"Yes, Sweethearts. Do you guys need anything?"

Getting dragged around town before ultimately arriving at their little bakery, Stella pushes them inside happily and closes the door, deeming it closed for the day, before speaking up excitedly, much to James' dismay.

"Actually, I want you guys to help me out with a few new recipes!" smiling and quickly going back into the kitchen as Orion helps the two find a seat to sit down, Stella brings out a few sweet dishes and places them on the counter with a huge grin. "You know, the lover's holiday is coming up and all. We wanted to make a few dishes just for that!"

"Lover's... then why James and me? You two are very much dating yourselves, and Frederick and Simon had just started dating as well. Wouldn't those two give you a better response?" Asking curiously and also having a rather light taste compared to how sweet those sweets looked, Mark asks with a light sweat drop as Stella mentally face palmed herself and just smiles, Orion just chuckles weakly as he puts a plate down on the table as well as two cups of tea. "We... um... needed more samples! We made these, so they are not too sweet! Please do try it out!"

"Okay then." Murmuring lightly as his eyes lit up at the sight of the tea, James didn't waste a single minute before gently lifting the cup and drinking the content inside. Deciding it wouldn't hurt to do so as well, Mark just signs lightly before giving Orion a light nod with a gentle smile. "Thank you then, Dear. I shall try it out."

"Great! Now, if you excuse me, I need to borrow Orion for a second!" Taking the orange-haired boy by the hand before walking out the room happily, Stella says cheerfully as Orion just shyly follows behind.

"And... they are gone." Signing lightly before digging into the roll like sweets, Mark is generally surprised to find the taste to be rather pleasant and light compared to the usual, sickening sweet flavour that Michael and his siblings seem to enjoy more of. Smiling over as James tilts his head at him curiously, Mark takes a light scoop of the cake before reaching over the table carefully. "Want some? It's really not that sweet. I liked it."