Inside the Palace Walls

The target is right there....

Just with a swipe of his wrist, he will be-

"I know I have lied to you about who I am, but... I'm really happy that I can get along with someone so well without the impact of my status!"

Ah-

Looking up at Zachary, Terrence's expression froze in place just before he could attack.

The smile on the other's face is so sincere. He is actually happy about having befriended him? Were they even friends?

Lightly shaking his head and wanting to just get it over with, Terrence just can't get rid of the feeling of hesitation blooming inside him. Something he had rarely ever felt. What is the matter with him?

"Prince Zachary! We have finally found you!" panting and finally walking over to the two boys, the two guards from earlier cross their arms as Terrence carefully takes his hands back onto his sides to not get caught. "Please come back with us this time. You still have sword practices today, is what the queen had informed us."

"Fine... guess I don't really have a choice." Pouting lightly with a sign, Zachary nods to the guards before giving Terrence a light smile, reaching a hand out. "Want to come along? We can get Vanny and Sunny on the way there."

"Eh?"

"Sir... do we really want visitors at this time of day, not to mention that we have never seen him around before-"

"Ren is a friend, Ben. Also, he said he could help me train! He is a traveller, after all, he knows a thing or two about fighting!" Pushing Terrence forward with a calm smile, Zachary answers before quietly whispering by Terrence's ears. "Play along."

"...." Peaking back lightly at the boy lying straight to the guards' face without shame, Terrence signs lightly and decides to just go along with it since it does go in his favour. "Yes... I did say that."

"I... see then. I'll inform the queen about it." Shaking their head before mentioning the two to follow along, the taller guard, Ben, murmurs something that briefly translates to 'he is doubting that Terrence can fight with that small and delicate looking body'. How amusing. Terrence bites down a smirk on his face. Looks can be deceiving, after all.

Getting Vanessa and Sol from where they are desperately searching for them, Zachary chuckles weakly as Vanessa scolds him about leaving them behind. Still apologizing for not telling Terrence the truth and hoping it didn't hurt the bond they had just made, Sol lightly clings onto the boy's arms, where Terrence just nods weakly and reassures them that he is fine.

The castle looks... different from the one that Terrence is more used to. The inside has a lot less plants, a lot more cement, and concrete decorations. It seems like Vanessa and Sol are regular guests here as they quickly run off, saying they want to greet someone by the name of 'Amelia' who Zachary explains to be one of the maids here that they've gotten fond of who is also one of his friends inside the wall.

"Are you sure you don't want us here, Sir? Even you said that you haven't known him for long-"

"I'll be fine, Alen, Ben." Lightly tapping a sword in its scabbard on his shoulder, Zachary smiles over nonchalantly. "I'm not weak, you guys know this. Go along now."

"Yes, sir...."

Taking a sword from the side for himself, Terrence drops his bag on the side. It can be a good chance to know just what type of opponent he will be dealing with. Also, no one is nearby, so... he should be able to easily get out of here after the deed is done.

"Sorry to drag you into this, Ren." Smiling over with a hand rubbing the back of his neck, Zachary chuckles weakly. "But I really don't think that mother would let us go without actually doing a bit of training...."