A Dance Under the Moon

"May I have this dance?"

"But... I really don't remember how...." Not wanting to make a fool out of himself, Terrence holds his hand close to his chest as he looks down at Zachary, murmuring only loud enough for the two of them to hear despite there being no one else nearby. 

"Just take my hand."

As the whisper reaches his ears, and as he hesitantly takes the hand, placing his own on top gently, Terrence yelps out lightly as he gets pulled in close. Staring up at the warm smile before gulping lightly, awkwardly placing his hand on the other's shoulder, a small question mark seems to be floating above Terrence's head as he hums out in light confusion about the situation. 

Letting out a small chuckle as he lightly wraps an arm around the other's waist, Zachary lets a fond smile linger on his lips as he slowly starts walking around, following the pace of the music and leading Terrence on. "Just follow me, okay? I can take the lead."

"... I'll try my best, I guess." Looking down and trying to match up with the steps, head thinking back to the last time he had a lesson on this, Terrence hums lightly and tightens his hold on the other's hand before his eyes widen in surpries as a head lightly rests itself on his shoulder. "... Zach?"

"Just calm down. It's merely for fun. Have faith in me, okay? You don't have to know what to do. I'll lead you." Whispering to the boy with a fond smile that is probably never going to leave his face, Zachary raises his head back up before gently releasing the hand on Terrence's waist, slowly leading him around in a circle before back into his arms. "Just relax and keep your eyes on me, okay? We'll be fine."

Left speechless with his eyes staring into the emerald ones without another complaint, Terrence slowly gets into the pattern as the moonlight shines down on them gently. The music is not as loud as inside the rooms, and nobody else is there besides the two of them. It's peaceful. And really, if Terrence is meant to be honest, this is... not that bad, to say the very least. (tsundere moment-)

Following along with another spin before the feeling of a hand is placed back onto his waist, Terrence's eyes nearly never left Zachary just like he said he should. He has a feeling that he should, but at the same time, it feels almost impossible to do so as a slight smile tucked on his lips.

As the more petite boy glows in the blue light of the vivid moon, the scenery is truly pretty. As the wind blows through Terrence's hair, watching it sway off to the side elegantly, Zachary's eyes linger back to the mint-coloured ones glistening in the light. Closing his eyes for a second to remind himself that friends don't usually stare at each other like that or for that long, Zachary really isn't sure why his heart drops lightly at the reminder, but that really isn't important at the moment.

Opening his eyes once more to smile gently at the mint-coloured eyes staring at him with an unchanged yet softened expression, there was a special feeling that came with that face. Something nice, comforting. Something that Zachary wouldn't mind seeing all the time. And after another three gentle spins, Zachary leads their steps to the rhythm of the music before, just as the music is about to end, he releases Terrence's hand. Bringing both hands to support the smaller boy's back, Zachary bends forward slowly.

Dipping the boy as the last note of the music drops, Zachary lights on a soft smile as he stares into those widened eyes mere centimetres away. Terrence's skin looks soft, like what you would expect more from a young child or a person, especially a woman from a noble family, rather than a boy that had lived most of his life in the woods, killing people as a career. There are, of course, a few scars here and there, but it is only to be expected with such a dangerous job. But then again, Zachary really just sees them as endearing. And those mint-coloured eyes....

Snapping out of his thought at an awkward cough and tilting his head lightly at the small boy who had avoided eye contact as a whole, Zachary slowly brings them back up straight with a small chuckle. "Yes, Rence?"

"... Just wondering when you plan to stop staring, is all." Looking off at the flowers in the yard with his hands still lightly laying on Zachary's shoulder, Terrence feels his cheeks burn under the influence. It's... an odd feeling. It makes him feel nervous... and vulnerable. And he really isn't sure what he should be doing with that vulnerability. Slowly removing himself from the source of this newly gained flusteredness and crossing his arms, Terrence subtly glances back at Zachary with the tip of his ears heating up in an alarming rate. "You are still staring...."

"Oh, I am? Sorry." Chuckling weakly though is slightly confused as to why Terrence seems to be distancing himself, Zachary silently hopes this is just him thinking too much and gives the other a small smile. "By the way, you did great."

"... thanks to you." Letting a small, fond smile onto his face involuntarily, Terrence does what he can to stop the little flutter in his stomach from growing as he gently looks off to the pound on the side.

Having a rather similar feeling despite him not really thinking too much of it, just smiling gently at his friend, glad that the other seemed to have fun, Zachary looks over at the pond the other is looking at and at the reflection of the moon shining brightly even in the water.

"No, thank you. I didn't think I'll actually enjoy a social event like this one day, but spending this time with you was actually really nice."

"... right back at ya, casual bastard."

---------------------

Yeah, this short- but I didn't want to put it in the previous chapter, so I had to separate it out! So, here you go until the next chapter tomorrow!