Two Murderous Pals

Jumping from rooftop to rooftop, a figure covered in a black cape holds a chain in one hand and a sickle in the other. Another commission had come in tonight, and they are not going to waste a single minute completing it.

"Is this it?"

"Yes."

"And you aren't followed?"

"Of course not."

Naïve.

Of course, they were followed.

Splash

As the woman gets struck by a sickle to the shoulder, she falls back onto the ground limp once the weapon detaches. Blood scatters around the ground.

"The fuck... who's there!" trembling and slowly starting to walk towards the exit of the alley, the man raises a small kitchen knife, probably to try to fend off whoever just killed his partner in crime.

"Hey."

As a gush of wind blows down behind him, a voice of a teenage boy is the last thing he hears before a huge blast of pain poke through his back, falling down limp on the ground.

"Well, that didn't last long. How boring. Didn't even try to fight back." Taking their sickle back and not bothering to clean the blood off of it, Tyron shakes their head before stretching their shoulders.

"They always don't, do they?"

Jumping out of the way as a sudden gush of violent air blows towards them, Tyron lands, facing where the attack had come from, with the hood having fallen off his head. The bored expression from earlier slowly turns into one of amusement as he hums lightly under their breath. "Now, who might you be? Awake this late at night."

"Ah, excuse my intrusion. The name is Kioshi. Apparently, we got sent after the same group of people." Bowing lightly as he steps out of the shadows with an equally amused smile, Kioshi looks over at the other with his hands in his pocket, the blue moon shining down to reveal his pinkish purple hair and violet eyes. "And you are, my murderous pal? The dodge from earlier is more than impressive after dealing with those no-brainers for a little too long."

"Tyron. At your service. And yes, I believe that would be rather boring after just one kill." Turning over to look at the boy whose age resembles that of the youngsters in their house, the smile stays on Tyron's face as he lightly holds a hand out. "Though, I believe we have more work on our hands, don't we? Shall we work together for this once, my good sir?"

"I suppose once can't hurt." Holding his hand out to shake before quickly flinching back, Kioshi's eyes widen subtly as he feels a sting on his hand. "A stinger to the hand as a first impression... I'm impressed."

"Having fallen for that, though, you still had a long way to go. It's merely a simple trick. A little more observation and caution would have saved your hand if I had rubbed poison on it." Tyron answers with a small smirk, lightly resting his sickle on his shoulder where the curve fits just right.

"Well, I'm thankful that there aren't any then." Letting out an amused chuckle, Kioshi puts his hands into his pocket before eyeing the weapon curiously. "Hmm, the first time I see someone using a sickle like this. Seems effective."

"Anything can be effective. You can even kill with desserts. Don't overestimate humans, young boy. They can die from anything."

"I'm aware." Answering with a light chuckle, Kioshi takes his hand back out before pulling out a spiky ball of rock attached to a chain. "But, in all honesty, my weapon isn't that far off."

Whistling lightly at the sight of the wall flair, Tyron nods lightly before swinging their chain up to the roof and pulling themself up with one strong pull of their arm. Landing on the roof without making much of a sound, Tyron peaks down at the young child with a grin. "Come along now. Let's not waste another minute."

Swinging up as well, despite having almost lost his balance, Kioshi nods lightly and stands up on the roof. "Right this way, then. Let's get to the killing."

"T- Tyron-san! What in the world are you doing?!" following behind with a look of disbelief, Kioshi had never seen someone so... not sane before in his life. And he himself... really is quite sane, either. Kioshi thought that Tyron would be the one to just enjoy slaying people and seeing the blood pour. This is not at all what he had expected to happen tonight. They had just captured ten people from the group they were supposed to murder. Kioshi was confused as to why Tyron didn't want him to kill them just yet and only grew even more confused when Tyron had BROKEN INTO A RANDOM HOUSE, set all the alcohol dealers in there, and walked back out, leaving a line of alcohol along the way.

"Stand back, Kio-chan. I'm gonna burn this down!"

"You are going to what?!"

"I said I am going to burn this place down!" and just like that, Tyron strikes the flint and steel together, lighting the alcohol passage. And right before Kioshi's eyes, the wooden house gets set on fire and begins burning down to the ground. Cooking everyone inside alive.

As the scream of people filled the town and people started to come over to see what had happened, Tyron gave the boy in awe a light nudge on the shoulder before swinging back onto a roof nearby to avoid getting caught. Following suit and not wanting to be caught either, Kioshi swings up before his eyes glisten at the sight of the burning house. "Wow...."

"I know, right?! You have just got to burn something during a mission! Sometimes a building, sometimes people... so why not both at the same time!" raising their hands up and admiring the sight, Tyron grins over at Kioshi, whose eyes never left the fire. Giving him a light pat on the shoulder, Tyron walks off to the side of the room with amusement in his voice. "Come along now. We are not done yet.

Let's go finish the rest of those fools now, shall we?"

"Yes!"

Jumping from rooftop to rooftop once more, Tyron is more than used to it from just how often they jump in trees. If anything, this was easier since there was no branch in the way for you to dodge.

Following behind, Kioshi stares over at Tyron with an expression that can only be classified as excitment. His killing job had been boring for quite a while now, but this? The way that Tyron had used their weapon and captured those dealers... the fire... it was fun. It's like he found someone that thinks like him. It feels amazing.

Spacing out for just a second, Kioshi didn't take notice as an arrow shot over at him until it had almost reached him. Falling back to barely dodge the arrow, Kioshi gasps out lightly as he feels air resistance getting stronger from beneath him.

With a brief feeling of something grabbing his hand, Kioshi squeezes his eyes shut and waits for the gushing pain to hit. But... it never came. Hearing a grunt under him, Kioshi opens his eyes which soon widen as he looks up at the parasite rubbing their head with their cloth covered in hay.

"Be careful now, will you? If the hay isn't here, I'll be dead by now...." Growling out lightly as Kioshi lightly climbs off, still in shock, Tyron lays back down with a sign and shakes his head. "I'm getting déjà vu from this...."

"What... do you mean?"

"There was another kid that almost got me killed, a little older than you right now, but a lot younger back in the day. He was chased by wolves in the forest, so I ended up having to fight them with one hand while holding onto the child with the other." Peeking an eye open at Kioshi, Tyron sits back up with a hand rubbing his head. "He was... and is still a pain. Though I had Terry back then to back me up. He ain't here today so just try to stay alive, will you? I'm not sure how long I can keep it up and not just ditch you, Kio."

Eyes wide, Kioshi stares at Tyron. First, they saved him, and now they are telling him to stay safe so he won't get left alone.... Is this what care is? Why is the person that he just met not even two hours ago more caring than his own brother? Quickly nodding yet not saying a thing, Kioshi agrees to the term without another word.

"Good." Standing up and freeing his cloth of hay, Tyron, in the light of the bright blue moon, makes his cape fly in the wind. Throwing a smirk over at the young boy in shock, Tyron's eyes fill up with determination. "Now, let's go bring hell to the bastard that dared to shoot us, shall we, partner?"

Staring and only feeling his respect for the other grow alongside a sense of happiness he had never felt before, Kioshi lets on a smirk of his own.

"Yes, sir!"