Chapter One; Sigils

Pain.

There was pain in every bone in his body. He wouldn't have been surprised if he had broken something.

He slowly opened his eyes. Sigils was covered in blood. The crash had been violent. A world winked into view around them before they were sent falling down into the land.

He didn't know how long he had been out for, but he remembered there had been bright, blue skies all around them.

There was a faint, golden glow from the top of the crater. Dirt, stone, and twisted metal and wire enclosed him in a cave. A dusty haze tried to blind Sigils.

He examined himself. Thick, hot, blood mixed with the dust clung to his skin. Cuts and bruises made him fear walking, but he had to get out of here.

He was propped against the only wall still intact from the crash, so he grabbed a metal wire that jutted out of the earth and tried to pull himself to his feet, but his left leg twisted and pain exploded through his body.

He cried out and collapsed. Sigils gasped and rolled onto his back to examine his leg. His pants were torn to his knee. His leg was bent at an odd angle.

He rolled back over and tried to crawl up the slope when he heard a grunt followed by a similar cry of pain.

Sigils turned to see Henwy wedged between the time machine floor and giant sheets of metal and stone.

"Henwy," Sigils gasped, his voice was scratchy and hoarse.

"Sigils," Henwy croaked in return.

Henwy tried pulling himself out from under the layers of rock but gave another shrill cry of pain. He cradled his arm that was as crooked at Sigils' leg.

"Stop, don't move," Sigils ordered his friend.

"I'm not dying here," Henwy growled.

"Yeah, I won't let you," Sigils shot back, "Just stop moving. I'm going to try and see what's outside."

"What? You're in worse condition than I am, you better not go out there- SIGILS!" Henwy shouted as Sigils crawled up the slope and poked his head out into the fresh morning air.

Sigils' eye adjusted to the light before widening in horror.

Demolished buildings clung desperately to each other. Metal rods and bricks reached to the sky, like arms trying to reach for help.

Fires flickered around him and the memories flooded back to him.

Season Two. My home.