Chapter Nineteen; Henwy

A/N: All remaining chapters are in Henwy's POV unless stated otherwise.

Henwy panted heavily and hugged himself, the knife falling from his hand and clattering to the ground.

He wouldn't cry. He couldn't cry. Henwy pressed a fist to his forehead and squeezed his eyes shut, his breathing coming in harsh gasps. He shook slightly as he carefully sank to his knees, trying to calm himself down.

They were gone. Everyone was gone. This is what it would have been like if he hadn't gotten on the time machine. Maybe he should've just stayed behind and let the dragon kill him. Then maybe none of this would have happened.

A droplet of water hit Henwy's brow. Henwy opened his eyes and looked up at the sky. The sky was cloudy. Rain fell to the earth, drowning the fire around Henwy.

He stood up and brushed dirt off of his clothes before it could turn into mud. Henwy slowly looked around at the scene around him, his body starting to shake again.

"A lone man who walks through the Valley of Death."

Henwy turned, fingers twitching. His eyes landed on a figure. It appeared dragon-like, but it walked on it's two hind legs. Its snout was tilted up to the sky, and its arms were wrapped around its torso. It had fluffy blue-grey fur striped with both darker and lighter shades. It turned its striking blue eyes to Henwy.

"What?" Henwy asked, taking a small step back, narrowing his eyes.

"Look, I'm sorry about what's happened and what's going to happen. I'm still trying to figure out if you were better off in your original story or this," She murmured, waving one arm around at the scene around them, then tucking it back into place. She tilted her head, "No, LoH!Henwy has a far better time."

"What do you mean? Who are you?" Henwy asked, hissing.

"I can't tell you," She murmured in reply, "Not yet, at least. In the next book the readers will know, that's when you'll die. The readers probably already know."

A/N: "sWiFt ThE fOuRtH wAlL eXiStS fOr A rEaSoN~"

She met Henwy's eyes, "You should go dig some graves and be glad you're not digging your own, because you're only halfway through your story. One day, you'll wish this was the end."

She waved a hand and disappeared.