Chapter Eleven; Garry

They were outnumbered Two to one, and yet Garry, Cherri, Ian, and Crainer were still loosing.

Garry shot and arrow at Sigils who was slashing at Cherri. Sigils kicked away from Cherri as the arrow soared just centimeters from his face.

A memory buried deep was bubbling back to the surface.

Sigils let out a cheerful laugh. He was balanced carefully on a low branch in the tree above Garry's head. When Sigils moved, the green oak leaves floated gently to the ground.

"Come get me! I bet you can't!" Sigils snickered and crouched, wrapping his hands around the uneven bark of the tree.

Garry raised an eyebrow, "Oh? What are you willing to bet?" Garry crossed his arms and revealed a mischievous smile.

Sigils tapped his chin, "How about ten iron ingots?"

Garry gave a toothy grin, "Deal."

Garry sprinted to the tree and planted his foot on an exposed root poking out of the ground. He spun and pushed up and off of the tree. His open hand wrapped around Sigils' ankle and the two came tumbling back down to the earth. Sigils slammed into the ground with a loud "oof".

Garry rolled away from the enderman and stood. Sigils rose to his elbows, groaning.

"OW!" Sigils growled, spitting onto the grass. He staggered to his knees and sat in the grass, "I'm going to be feeling that tomorrow."

Garry chuckled, "You underestimate me and my power."

"My bad, Captain America," Sigils smirked, aware that he poked the fourth wall for a bad joke. Sigils slowly started to stand.

"How's everything going with you and Henwy?" Garry asked, offering Sigils his hand. Sigils accepted it and rose fully to his feet.

"Rocky," Sigils replied, "I'm getting a little suspicious of some of his choices and some...other things."

"Of what else?" Garry asked. Sigils' gaze lowered to his feet and the two started their trek back into town.

"The Johnnys, mainly," Sigils growled, "They rub me the wrong way. They also seem familiar, almost. Like we've met before."

"Well," Garry started, "If you ever need some cheering-upsies, Chang and I are always available."

Sigils crossed his arms in front of him and tried for a friendly smile, "Thanks man, I know I can always count on you."

Garry raced down the small hill to assist Cherri. He was caught off guard by the memory and had forgotten about the battle. Garry slashed at Sigils. The skin on Sigils' shoulder was hit by the blade and split on impact, bubbling hot, red blood. It raced down his arm as he roared and spun, throwing some of the blood to the ground and splattering the dirt with a beautiful crimson-ruby color.

Sigils swung his sword, the light of battle flickering in his bright green eyes, and it caught the spot on Garry's chest that kept his heart.

Blood flew. Blood splashed, splattered, and stained.

Pain shot through his back as he fell onto the cobblestone ground. He dully heard Cherri scream as he began to go numb.

Garry closed his eyes.

Tck...

Tck...

Crack.