Chapter Fourteen A; Sigils

A/N: This is a roller coaster of emotions that may or may not be a slight vent.

The world froze.

The knife was about four meters in front of Sigils.

So was this how it ended? Sigils jumping in front of his brother, enemy, best friend, so save him?

Henwy killed Ian.

Henwy killed Crainer. Twice.

Henwy killed Chang.

Henwy spawned the ender dragon.

Henwy destroyed their home.

Henwy broke the Living Chamber.

Henwy was the cause of every single problem.

Henwy did this, Henwy did that.

And now here Sigils was, willing to sacrifice himself for the exact person that got him in this mess.

Was this what he wanted? Yes. Yes it was.

Henwy was his family. Though it wasn't by blood, it didn't matter. Family didn't have to be by blood.

People who hurt you, abuse you, and split your skin are not family. Not his.

People who help you, heal you, laugh with you, and make you feel wanted is family. His family.

Henwy.

Three meters.

Henwy had done bad things before, but the past no longer mattered. It was who he was now. Sigils had watched him change, and now that he was thinking about it, Sigils had changed too.

He wasn't a hero. No one was.

It was a never ending game of cat and mouse where the roles always switched. There wasn't a true winner. No predator nor prey. Just a senseless battle in the spot between black and white.

The grey area no one wanted to believe in, no matter how many times they witnessed it firsthand. Even Sigils himself didn't want to admit it. But standing here, with the knife spiraling in slow motion towards him, he knew that everyone was a little grey.

Ian was killing to keep his friends safe.

Cherri wanted to avenge her fallen friend.

Henwy was desperate to fix his mistakes.

Sigils wanted peace.

Two meters.

"Sigils!" Biffle cried.

The air was cool in the dense taiga forest. The hybrid turned to his his brothers. Henwy sprinted to Sigils and tackled him to the ground. The two laughed as they play-wrestled in the mulch. Henwy pushed away and stood, helping Sigils to his feet.

"We found a valley," Nico informed the enderman hybrid, "We think it's a good place to settle. There is a giant lake as well we can build by."

"Gold, Karan, and Ambrew are already down there. They are setting up a camp for the night," Henwy added.

"Awesome!" Sigils laughed.

A/N: This isn't the end of this chapter :333333333333