Chapter Thirteen; Henwy

Henwy felt like he was doing basic math rather than murder.

Henwy stabbed Crainer, noticed Garry's corpse, heard Ian's scream, and did the math.

Two left, if Cherri wasn't already dead. Nope, she's scratching at Sigils now.  Add the distraught and grieving, and it was practically a two vs. one.

Henwy whirled around and slammed the hilt of his sword into Ian's skull. Ian crumbled, groaning and blinking. Henwy could come back to him later. He wanted him to be the final one so he could watch the terror and grief-.

He was a monster. He was truly evil. He hadn't redeemed himself, he just changed sides.

Henwy stifled a gasp, and turned to Sigils. He started walking, but was struck with a memory and halted at the halfway point, swaying gently. 

It was raining.

The sounds of the forest were drained out by the light thumping and dripping of the rain. Henwy's eyes were wide and observing as he watched the sky-water fall. He sat on the porch of the cabin, with everyone else inside, and welcomed the faint mist and fog that followed with the rain. Moisture clung to his skin and made him feel groggy. 

The cabin door opened behind Henwy. He turned to see Sigils watching the rain as well with a wary  gaze.

"You know, it never rained in the End," Sigils told Henwy quietly, "It doesn't kill me, but it hurts."

"Really?" Henwy asked, turning to his brother.

"Yeah. I had heard stories of it, described as liquid fire from the enderman, but being able to witness my first thunderstorm was...great. Scary at first, but great."

"Henwy! Sigils! Diner-"

"HENWY!" Ian shrieked.

Henwy whirled around. He noticed Ian, but his eyes caught something else as well. Something shiny and reflective. Something metal.

A small object flew towards him. Silver shimmered and flashed in the dying light of the sunset.

Henwy's feet were rooted to the ground. He was transfixed.

Then a figure intercepted its path.

The dull thunk rang through his ears.

Henwy's lips parted and curled back. He let out a high and shrill cry.

"SIGILS!"